Roast Lamb in the Maximus

Mmmm Pizza (how to build and use)
Gumb

Roast Lamb in the Maximus

Post by Gumb »

The versatility of these ovens is great. Tonight I bit the bullet and did a roast leg of lamb with roast spuds and pumpkin in the Maximus pizza oven. I started the fire at 4.30 and got the temp stable at around 200c. Then we put the lamb in, covered with a red wine sauce, some rosemary and thyme sprigs, grapeseed oil and salt. After the first 30 minutes, we added the spuds and pumpkin and turned the leg over. Anther 45 minutes and we turned it back again. the temp stayed very stable all the way through and hardly needed any additional wood. The lamb took just under two hours and turned out great. I also had the Maverick probe in the meat and found that it sits easily inside the door
.Image
Narmnaleg

Re: Roast Lamb in the Maximus

Post by Narmnaleg »

Yum! I reckon that will taste just as good today. Great work Gumb!
kiwiman

Post by kiwiman »

Great looking dinner Gumb, you and Narmnaleg are having a lot of fun with these little ovens.
Stewart
Image]Royal Kamado, Weber Q100e, Multikai Cooker, U-Bute portable, Auspit Rotisserie with firedish, Char-Griller , Italian portable charcoal grill, Weber One Touch Platinum, Dragon Hibachi.Weber Jumbo Joe, GMG Daniel Boone on loan
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Yeah but I noticed tonight that the oven dish now has a crack in it. Probably crap quality. :(