GMG Daniel Boone Temp Control

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
Miner

GMG Daniel Boone Temp Control

Post by Miner »

I have a GMG DB and I'm have problems with temperature distribution in the grill.
ATM I have the grill set at 120C. I have two Maverick probes in the grill, one at the back and one at the front. The front probe shows 150C and the back probe shows 108 after two hours. The heat shield is 12cm (5") from the left hand side of the grill. I have fitted a Godke downdraft plate with the top vent open about 5mm
Is there any way to even out the heat in the grill?
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Re: GMG Daniel Boone Temp Control

Post by Lovey »

I have the DB as well, and to be honest I've never checked the temps on the grll. I find it useful to have different temperature zones though, if something's cooking a bit quicker, move it to a cooler spot.
There is a lot of air being forced underneath, over the sides and ends of the grease tray and that air will be at different velocities due to the shape and slope of the grease tray. So depending on where abouts, and even which way the probes are facing, you'll get different temps all over the grill surface.
About the only thing that I can think of to even out the temps is to make slight adjustments to the heat shield left to right, measure and repeat.
Good luck with it,
Steve.