Z Grills Australian Launch....20% Off Code.

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
gourmetgalaxy

Z Grills Australian Launch....20% Off Code.

Post by gourmetgalaxy »

Z Grills finally come to Australia.
They have launched 2 models here in Australia and are now taking pre orders.
Pre orders are offering a 15% discount until the end of the month.
Plus Free Delivery to most parts of Australia!
These grills will predominantly be available via an on-line purchase only, with the promise of good back up service.
From all reports they seem to be almost the same as a Traeger, especially the 700E model.....do the Google thing!
Limited 3 year Warranty on both models.
Here's a link:..https://zgrills.com.au/discount/RUSS-1Z ... let-grills
Now I wish to make it clear here that I have no affiliation nor do I profit in any way at all from Z Grills.
I have spoken to the Distributor here & will be test driving one when they do arrive.
**Feel free to use the following code & recieve a huge:
20% discount on any pre orders.***Plus free delivery to most parts of Australia!
Enter Code:: RUSS-1Z4KXV-20 at the check out...... or simply use the above link & your discount will be automatically deducted.

Feel free to share the 20% link.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Z Grills Australian Launch....20% Off Code.

Post by Davo »

Thanks gg for posting about these, they look quite good for the price and very competitive, just hope that they can cover the generous 3 year warranty which is probably the best one for pellet cookers to date.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
gourmetgalaxy

Post by gourmetgalaxy »

No problem Davo...always glad to pass on a good deal.
Just a reminder folks only a few days left to get a 20% discount!
zgrillsoz

Post by zgrillsoz »

Davo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 pm Thanks gg for posting about these, they look quite good for the price and very competitive, just hope that they can cover the generous 3 year warranty which is probably the best one for pellet cookers to date.

Cheers

Davo
Hi Davo,

I'm Justin from Z Grills Australia. I know this reply came later than expected but better late than never right? You have raised an interesting point, I remember someone once told me that the warranty is as good as the people behind the company.

I just wanted to assure you that there is no reason why we can't offer the 3-year warranty. In fact, it is really in our best interest to do so as most of the grills we've sold are through existing owners recommending our pellet smokers to their mates.

We've had our fair share of initial issues especially with our first batch of products. However, our philosophy has always been to first look after our customers, ask questions later.

I think it's worth mentioning that hundreds of Australians are loving their Z Grill and you can hop on to our website to see why https://zgrills.com.au/review/
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

zgrillsoz wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:33 am
Davo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:51 pm Thanks gg for posting about these, they look quite good for the price and very competitive, just hope that they can cover the generous 3 year warranty which is probably the best one for pellet cookers to date.

Cheers

Davo
Hi Davo,

I'm Justin from Z Grills Australia. I know this reply came later than expected but better late than never right? You have raised an interesting point, I remember someone once told me that the warranty is as good as the people behind the company.

I just wanted to assure you that there is no reason why we can't offer the 3-year warranty. In fact, it is really in our best interest to do so as most of the grills we've sold are through existing owners recommending our pellet smokers to their mates.

We've had our fair share of initial issues especially with our first batch of products. However, our philosophy has always been to first look after our customers, ask questions later.

I think it's worth mentioning that hundreds of Australians are loving their Z Grill and you can hop on to our website to see why https://zgrills.com.au/review/
G'day Justin and Welcome to the forum.

Yes Gormet Galaxy introduced these Pellet grills last yeah with his posts above. Yes I went through your website about an hour ago and I must say that 700E looks mighty impressive and one that i'd like to look at myself a bit down the track.
I used to own one of the very rare but first Pellet cooker in Australia about 10 years ago, t was the American made Traeger 075 with the 3 speed thermostat controller...long before this digital era lol.
I did replace the 3 speed with a newer digital thermostat controller but i think the older 3 speed worked better I think because the probe system wasn't so good. But jeez I had some great meals from that Traeger. I never forget cooking 2 pork scotch fillet roasts on smoke setting and cooked overnight, got up at 6am to check on them and when opening the door from my Townhouse, there was such a beautiful porky smell all round the neighborhood :lol: smelt actually better than bacon :P so I'm converted with pellet grills and will buy another.

The 700E seems to be a nice size too, I don't cook for many these days but it's not much different from the Traeger i had but it's got at least 2 levels to cook on and I think the 700E XL has 3 level grill racks?

So when I'm ready to buy one, I'll definitely look at the Z-Grills for sure and I've read the reviews so am confident I'll be getting a decent product....a 3 yr warranty is the best in the business. So, parts are easy to get here in Australia should anything go wrong and if a warranty job needs attending, does someone come over to my house to sort it out or do i have to bring the cooker to somewhere to get it fixed? This is important to know.

Anyway, it'd be great to share more info on your product so more people can know what it's about and I'll be happy for your to talk about it here Justin.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
zgrillsoz

Post by zgrillsoz »

Davo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 am Yes Gormet Galaxy introduced these Pellet grills last yeah with his posts above. Yes I went through your website about an hour ago and I must say that 700E looks mighty impressive and one that i'd like to look at myself a bit down the track.
I used to own one of the very rare but first Pellet cooker in Australia about 10 years ago, t was the American made Traeger 075 with the 3 speed thermostat controller...long before this digital era lol.
I did replace the 3 speed with a newer digital thermostat controller but i think the older 3 speed worked better I think because the probe system wasn't so good. But jeez I had some great meals from that Traeger. I never forget cooking 2 pork scotch fillet roasts on smoke setting and cooked overnight, got up at 6am to check on them and when opening the door from my Townhouse, there was such a beautiful porky smell all round the neighborhood smelt actually better than bacon so I'm converted with pellet grills and will buy another.

Hey Davo,

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

How did you even get your hands on one of those?! I must say though, pellet smokers have come a long way since then especially with the control logic. The mechanics are still very much the same, hopper, auger, fan, etc. Why fix what is already working so well right? The controller, on the other hand, is a different story. The control logic has gone from a fixed feed rate to PID Logic. Considering most modern control systems run on some sort of PID control, I don't see that changing anytime soon unless some mathematical genius comes up with something totally different.

Davo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 am The 700E seems to be a nice size too, I don't cook for many these days but it's not much different from the Traeger i had but it's got at least 2 levels to cook on and I think the 700E XL has 3 level grill racks?

Yes, we have had quite a few comments about the 700E and how it is the right size. Any larger, and we'll be burning quite a fair bit more pellets to maintain the chamber temperature. The main difference between the 700E and 700E-XL is the third grill rack. This sits on the same level as the top rack so that you can comfortably fit an extra brisket in there.

We've opted to go down this route instead of bringing in the 1000E as the feedback we've got is that people are loving the 700E design.

Davo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 am Anyway, it'd be great to share more info on your product so more people can know what it's about and I'll be happy for your to talk about it here Justin.
Thanks for giving me the green light! I'll be sharing more updates and perhaps some information about the products that are in the pipeline.
Hint: Knives and Accessories
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Hey Justin,

Yeah mate getting hold of those first Traegers was more a stroke of Luck more than anything else and the guys, myself included ensured we jumped on them. Oh yes, there was more than 1. Captain Cook who at the time was the other Admin/Mod here got one the same as mine and Commander Cody from the Gold Coast at the time bought one of the upper models that looked a bit similar to a Gas BBQ than a Pellet job.
It was like a fire sale, this guy at the Gold Coast had a Warehouse with left over models, he was a Traeger agent long before anyone heard of these things...including myself. These were the American Made models with only the 3 speed Thermostat and Auger but I bought and put in a digital unit later and then wished I hadn't.....I should've stuck with the 3 speeder, it worked well and it was simple. On smoke the 075 used about 250g of pellets per hour with medium ambient temperature and pit temp around 220-230F, at Med it went to about 320F and used 500g of pellets per hour and at Hi it went to about 400-420F and used 1kg of Pellets per hour so I didn't use it for grilling much as the pellets back then were very expensive because there wasn't much competition.
I got my 075 Traeger delivered at my place in Sydney for less than $800, they retailed at $1799 at the time I think it was. It's still in Canberra as far as I know.

Yes I think unless you cook for the neighbourhood, a 700E is plenty big enough for the average bloke especially if it's got 2 levels inside. A mate of mine has a Louisiana L900 but he had to buy the additional hopper extension....should have to do that when most the other pellet grills have ample hopper space. I'm also a bit sus about the exhaust vents out the back rather than a Chimney especially if it rains while you're cooking and their Auger is the same as the Yoders from what I can see.

I would like to be living in a place with a permanent back sizable awning before I buy another Pellet grill because of the electricity factor...i don't like the idea cooking with needing 240V power if it's out in the open and it suddenly pisses down.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5