HELP - my wood pellet grill controller is broken

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
perthsmoker

HELP - my wood pellet grill controller is broken

Post by perthsmoker »

Hi all,

Downsizing to a city-centre apartment, so need to have a bit of a clear-out. Sadly, the smoker has to go.

So, I'm trying to sell my Traeger Lil Tex. Unfortunately, just discovered that the Savannah Stoker II control unit isn't working. Was fine when I put it into hibernation over winter, but can't get the screen to work now.

Anywhere locally that I can buy some form of replacement? Anything will do - just need to get something that works so I can sell the smoker. Looked online and there seems to be a few options, but don't really want to spend $100+.

Anyone got something suitable that they want rid of?

Thanks
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: HELP - my wood pellet grill controller is broken

Post by Davo »

How old is it perthsmoker? is it still under warranty?

Did you buy it from a reputable BBQ retailer like BBQs Galore etc....

It could be just a very loose connection somewhere under the hopper but if you arn't confident on having a look yourself, you might need a sparkie to do so.....

Even if your Traeger isn't under warranty, the retailer maybe able to help you out...but don't tell him you want to sell it...tell hime you want to use it but can't.

Is the apartment you're moving into completely restricts or bans the use of the pellet smoker....even on a balcony?

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5