Sliding Grills in Sydney

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
JackLivesHere

Sliding Grills in Sydney

Post by JackLivesHere »

Hi All!
I was wondering if anyone knew of someone within the Sydney area who could make up some customs grills to place into my wood fired oven. I have seen something similar recently on the new SBS show - Food Safari Fire, Episode 7, where the guy with the wood fired oven had something which they briefly showed as background shots which was a set of grills that slide out of the oven to load and turn the meat, then slid back in on a set of rollers. It also had some legs. Was a brief shot but enough for me to want something similar....I have tried to contact SBS Food Safari network, yet they were not able to help me as it was not part of the segment and just a image grab as the main person spoke. Has anyone seen something similar or know of a person that could make something like this up in the Sydney area?
Cobblerdave

Re: Sliding Grills in Sydney

Post by Cobblerdave »

G'day
I had the episode saved and watched it a number of times in an effort to figure out how it was constructed. No such luck didn't have the detail. I use a Tuscan grill in my wood fired oven which is just a cast grate on 4 bolts for legs operated with a long set of tongs. You've now put a bug in my head to figure out how this works
Regards dave
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

An old cast iron grill and some bolts
chilling while grilling
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

G'day
Don't know where the pic came from but that's my mk 1 Tuscan grill. Is 50mm lower and use it with the grill bars facing the entrance not across. Trust me I learnt that the hard way :(
Regards dave
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

lol
it is yours from
forno bravo
chilling while grilling
JackLivesHere

Post by JackLivesHere »

I have a screen shot of what it looks like but the Forum will not let me upload a pic to show you all........not sure why bummer
JackLivesHere

Post by JackLivesHere »

Groovy Gorilla wrote:Image
An old cast iron grill and some bolts
Love your work Groovy Gorilla!!! This would work, just like the Tuscan grill, but now that I have seen the sliding grill, I want one! lol