GMG any good?

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
jjjones

Re: GMG any good?

Post by jjjones »

I bought mine from Don over facebook/paypal. Ended up costing 85USD including shipping.

Can i ask what firebox shield you got with your DB? The newer models have a one-piece stainless steel box.
Older models, like mine have a 3 piece steel version.
mrhappi

Post by mrhappi »

Mine came with the 3 piece steel. Was floor stock that had been used to demo half a dozen cooks. Came with a new cover, inside and front shelves. I'm really loving the wifi and convenience of set and forget potential of the profiles!
DaveZ

Post by DaveZ »

More than happy with my Jim Bowie and the service from Chris @ urbangiller. I have not had a bad meal come off mine yet and have run probably a dozen bags of pellets through it so far. Cooked everything from brined chickens to pork shoulders to legs of lamb to beef jerkey to beer can burgers to baked potatoes and stuffed capsicums, even a big ole bacon wrapped fatty. Love love LOVE my GMG! Got a leg of pork grilling as we speak and 2 chickens brining in the fridge for tomorrow nights dinner. I find it to be a very economical way to cook at low and slow temps, not so much at normal oven baking temps but the result is still superior.

Cheers,
Dave.