GMG Alternative

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
Bentley

Re: GMG Alternative

Post by Bentley »

Your 2nd statement is as much blindly labling something as the 1st sentence.

You know how many units GMG has sold with WifI, you know how many have had issues? Of course you don't, so you have no idea if it is .0001% failure rate or 50%...Enjoy your Yoder...sell, give away or let a family member use the GMG, I guarantee they will enjoy it! Move on Dude!

You are right, sometimes you just have to call a Spade a Spade!
wedwards wrote:To say that "there is nothing like the GMG at that price and with those features" is blindly (and deliberately, in my opinion), ignoring the fact that those features have to work without fault,

and there are insanely large amounts of reports on the internet of dissatisfied customers who have clearly demonstrated that it doesnt "just work" for them.

Sometimes you have to stand up and call a spade a spade, even if it is the unpopular thing to say.
Last edited by Bentley on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

wedwards

Post by wedwards »

Bentley wrote:Your 2nd statement is as much blindly labling something as the 1st sentence.

You know how many units GMG has sold with WifI, you know how many have had issues? Of course you don't, so you have no idea if it is .0001% failure rate or 50%...so you sound like a disgruntled GMG owner that is gonna prove a point! Enjoy your Yoder...sell, give away or let a family member use the GMG, I guarantee they will enjoy it! Move on Dude!

You are right, sometimes you just have to call a Spade a Spade!
wedwards wrote:To say that "there is nothing like the GMG at that price and with those features" is blindly (and deliberately, in my opinion), ignoring the fact that those features have to work without fault,

and there are insanely large amounts of reports on the internet of dissatisfied customers who have clearly demonstrated that it doesnt "just work" for them.

Sometimes you have to stand up and call a spade a spade, even if it is the unpopular thing to say.
Again, you prove my point for me. So its ok for you and others to make sweeping statements about the excellent features and function levels of a product, and when someone makes a similarly sweeping statement to the opposite, you say thats wrong. Sorry, but there is a word for that kind of behaviour.

And yes, I dont have statistics on sales vs faulty controllers, but in my opinion there are too many reports of these issues in other forums, and on facebook user groups. Thats not the worst thing though. The absolute worst thing about all of this is the constant approach to anyone who says they have an issue being told its their fault and never the fault of the product. An even slightly cynical person would equate that behaviour with trying to protect future sales of the product, especially where this behaviour is coming from people who are selling products.

I was happy to let this thread die, but if you want to keep dredging it up and keep telling me how I as the customer am wrong, feel free, but its a really flawed business model.

Spade = spade
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Enjoy the Yoder, hope it is trouble free and you enjoy it!
wedwards wrote: and there are insanely large amounts of reports on the internet of dissatisfied customers who have clearly demonstrated that it doesnt "just work" for them.
wedwards wrote:And yes, I dont have statistics on sales vs faulty controllers, but in my opinion...
Last edited by Bentley on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

wedwards

Post by wedwards »

Bentley wrote:Like I said disgruntled...and we got a saying about opinions over here...

wedwards wrote: and there are insanely large amounts of reports on the internet of dissatisfied customers who have clearly demonstrated that it doesnt "just work" for them.
wedwards wrote:And yes, I dont have statistics on sales vs faulty controllers, but in my opinion...
Im not disgruntled at all mate, GMG/Hark fixed the issues I had and Ive been happily cooking on it since. Its a nice unit, and I will keep using it until the Yoder arrives, and probably after the Yoder arrives as well. I just take issue with salesmen and fanboys telling me the problem is mine, and not the manufacturer's, which I (and many others) have proven time and time again to be incorrect.
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

wedwards wrote:
Bentley wrote:Like I said disgruntled...and we got a saying about opinions over here...

Im not disgruntled at all mate, GMG/Hark fixed the issues I had and Ive been happily cooking on it since. Its a nice unit, and I will keep using it until the Yoder arrives, and probably after the Yoder arrives as well. I just take issue with salesmen and fanboys telling me the problem is mine, and not the manufacturer's, which I (and many others) have proven time and time again to be incorrect.
When were you told the problem was yours? As far as I can see all anyone tried to do was help you find a solution.

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Hehehe.....you gotta have a laugh at the pelletpooper community on here.....the conversations and debates are usually more highly flammable than the pellets they run on.... :lol: :lol:
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
wedwards

Post by wedwards »

urbangriller wrote:
When were you told the problem was yours? As far as I can see all anyone tried to do was help you find a solution.

Chris
When I was told that it was an apple issue and android worked fine. Anyway, Ive proven that it was a (multiple) controller issue, its been fixed replaced and is now working, lets move on before we upset anyone further or incite the mod-hammer.
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Fair enough, I take a man at his word till he proves otherwise! I have edited my previous statements to reflect that!
wedwards wrote: Im not disgruntled at all mate,
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!