Pellet cookers in Commercial kitchens

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
BBQ&BEERS

Re: Pellet cookers in Commercial kitchens

Post by BBQ&BEERS »

Smokey Mick wrote:
BBQ&BEERS wrote:I've dealt with local council and Dept of Environment and Health for over 20 years at work and now I'm doing it to set up my own place. The trick is use honey not vinegar :) , they can be surprisingly flexible if you just play the game right. Most laws and regulations are open to interpretation all you have to do is get them to interpret them in your favour. 8)
Never a true look at it.
I inspect fire stuff and when companys do stuff without first consulting, The book can be thrown :roll:
Is the first half of that reply cryptic Mick? Not sure I get your meaning. I'm saying work with them and they most often work with you, bark at them and they bite back.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Sorry mate, not cryptic, Was agreeing with you.
If one rings and asks first, They are on the front foot. And normaly get passed through with mininum changes and or good advice to become compliant
If they are cagey or do it there own way? The inspector normaly cannot rely on "Shell be right" unless he or she is dodgy.
You made perfect sense to have a chat with your inspector or regulator about what you want and how you can achieve it.
I mentioned "Cagey" I can pick em a mile away, Right from the get go they make it harder for themselves as the more they bull shit me ,,,, you get the rest.
Its not a job you get invited to many BBQ's :lol: But good building managers appreciate the work
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
BBQ&BEERS

Post by BBQ&BEERS »

Smokey Mick wrote:Sorry mate, not cryptic, Was agreeing with you.
If one rings and asks first, They are on the front foot. And normaly get passed through with mininum changes and or good advice to become compliant
If they are cagey or do it there own way? The inspector normaly cannot rely on "Shell be right" unless he or she is dodgy.
You made perfect sense to have a chat with your inspector or regulator about what you want and how you can achieve it.
I mentioned "Cagey" I can pick em a mile away, Right from the get go they make it harder for themselves as the more they bull shit me ,,,, you get the rest.
Its not a job you get invited to many BBQ's :lol: But good building managers appreciate the work
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Bentley wrote:You all got it good...A restaurant in LA, Rock n Fish at LA Live put in a Cookshack Charbroiler...not only did it have to have its own hood vent, it had to have smoke scrubbers on it! Ahh, California, glad to be gone!
OMG! Smoke Scrubbers!!.....Don't say that around here! Last thing we need!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!