World's Best Garlic Bread

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Card Shark

World's Best Garlic Bread

Post by Card Shark »

So far this bloke does mine. http://www.michaeljordansteakhouse.com/

What's yours?

Here is one re-engineering effort for the famous Garlic Bread with Maytag Bleu Cheese Fondue:-

FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER:
1 pound butter, softened
2 tablespoons chopped shallots
3/4 cup chopped garlic
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

FOR THE FONDUE:
16 ounces crumbled Maytag bleu cheese
1 quart heavy cream
1/4 chopped white onion
1/3 cup white wine
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

FOR PRESENTATION:
1 32 oz. loaf ciabbatta
2 T Chopped fresh chives for garnish
Directions
To make the garlic butter: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or Kitchen Aid mixer with paddle attachment and mix until thoroughly combined.

To make the fondue: Saute the onion in 1 Tbutter over medium heat until translucent, then deglaze with the white wine and reduce. Add the cream, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add the cheese and reduce until the fondue's texture is thick and creamy and can coat the back of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.

For presentation: Cut the bread into four rectangles and then cut those pieces half. With a spatula, spread a layer of garlic butter onto the top of each piece and place in a preheated 450-degree oven until golden brown (8-10 minutes). Remove and let cool slightly before cutting each piece into four more pieces.

Pool the warm fondue on the bottom of a serving plate and then stack the garlic bread pieces, Lincoln Log-style in the middle of the pool. Garnish with the chopped chives and serve immediately.

Makes 32 pieces of garlic bread.
Smokey

Re: World's Best Garlic Bread

Post by Smokey »

Man that would kill a brown dog :lol:
Sounds delish.

I do mine much simpler, But only when I can get Australian Garlic usually from the farmers markets that are around our area.

Crusty hard bread loaf sliced.
Drizzle with EV olive oil both sides, some P&S and then grill both sides

Now comes the garlic.
I then peel a clove without smashing it first, cut it in half and then rasp it onto the bread pieces both sides.
The hard browned bread shaves the garlic like a file.
Does not work with China imported garlic, It needs to be the good strong stuff and crispy garlic rather then rubbery

Then I serve it with bruschetta topping or some of the greek dips
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Tasmaniac65

Post by Tasmaniac65 »

On the topic of Fondue, I married into a Swiss family and Fondue is still a winter dish we all look forward to very much but unlike a lot of recipes one might find which produce thick stringy rubbery potions (which many people obviously like) the way I was shown produces a rich strong heavily wine based mixture which for a lover of both white wine and cheese is heavenly. The proportions are based on a simple formula of:
1/2 Cup of Dry White Wine and 140g of Cheese per person
Just writing this is bringing back memories from last year and I am going to buy the necessary ingredients soon as... :D
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

Get a packet of these from Coles (fridge section) they only seem to be available in Melbourne ???
They are the best great texture and good earthy flavour
Chop some garlic parsley and EVOO
Spread on one side and then sprinkle it with grated parmesan cheese
Put in a non stick pan/griddle
Plain side first then then flip onto the cheesy side for a few seconds
Cut and serve immediately
Its excellent.
chilling while grilling
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Way old thread. Costco has some like that too even cheaper Gorilla. Gets back to the level of garlic bread that floats the boat.