ABT's

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
AzJohnnyC

ABT's

Post by AzJohnnyC »

Hello all. One of my favorite things to do while smoking food (other than drinking beer) is to cook up some appetizers for myself and my guests. A popular one is the ABT, short for atomic buffalo turd. Doesn't sound that great, but they are. Atomic, because they are made from peppers, and the rest because they sort of resemble it when finished. ABT is what they commonly go by though.

I'm not sure what kind of chile peppers are available in Oz, but in the U.S. we use jalapenos, which are about the size of your thumb, maybe a bit larger.

Start by cooking some ground sausage, then adding cheeses. I use cream cheese, cheddar, and pepper jack. Some don't do the sausage, but I think it adds to it. You should end up with a mostly cheesy goo.
Next, slice the peppers lengthwise, making them into little "boats", and dig the seeds and ribs out.
Then, fill the boat with the cheese mix.
Next, wrap a half slice of bacon around the outside. You can add a dash of seasoning on the outside if you like.

Here's a photo of some cooking, along with some fatties and a turkey.

Cheers!
Johnny
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: ABT's

Post by Davo »

Yeah we have Jalapenos here too...love em on my pizzas :P

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

nice! definitely gonna give this a try out.

thanks Johnny
AzJohnnyC

Post by AzJohnnyC »

Davo wrote:Yeah we have Jalapenos here too...love em on my pizzas :P

Cheers

Davo
Jalapenos and pineapple are my favorite together on pizza. The balance of sweet and spicy is just right.
Cheers!
Johnny