Bacon Bites

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
ColMack

Bacon Bites

Post by ColMack »

These work well in any oven -

12 Bacon rashers
1 Granny Smith Apple - grated
3/4 Cup of Grated Cheese - I use Cheddar
2 1/2 cups of Breadcrumbs - I use Penko crumbs
1/4 cup of chopped chives
1 beaten egg (a large one or two small)
Pepper

Combine the ingredients - shape them into rolls and wrap in bacon. I normally cut the rashes into three and use toothpicks to hold them.

Cook in oven at 190c for 20 (odd) minutes

The below pics in the Traegar as a 1st off cook to see how they would come out - very nice!

Large Green Grill Dome, Traeger Pro 22, Weber OTG, Hibachi (CI and Ceramic) and Traeger Junior
Ron173

Re: Bacon Bites

Post by Ron173 »

these sound great mate, thanks for sharing...

about the only thing I'm often missing there is the apple, guess they prob be ok without it, never seem to have any/many in house.
ColMack

Post by ColMack »

I have to go and buy the Granny Smith Apple - certainly not a regular in my house - I think another style of apple would do. It does add to the overall taste.

Thanks,
Col.
Ron173 wrote:these sound great mate, thanks for sharing...

about the only thing I'm often missing there is the apple, guess they prob be ok without it, never seem to have any/many in house.
Large Green Grill Dome, Traeger Pro 22, Weber OTG, Hibachi (CI and Ceramic) and Traeger Junior
Ron173

Post by Ron173 »

Yeah for sure, your dead right, I should make the effort.

I'm defo gonna try this, how many does it make?

12 rashers n you cut in three , it's this 36?

Sounds great for a gathering, but was just asking so to downsize fire just a few for family
Cheers great effort
ColMack

Post by ColMack »

So - they are addictive when cooked - but granted 36 is a lot!!!!! I am not sure it makes 36 - maybe more like 24 - but still a lot.

They store well in the fridge (before cooking) - I put them together and cook some one night - and then store the others and cook some the next (i.e. Fri / Sat). Sometimes I halve the mix and just go with a smaller batch (and regret it the next night!!!)

I recently made up the mix as per the recipe - and rolled out half of the mixture at the right diameter in six inch lots - froze in plastic wrap --> I then defrosted a month later / cut / wrapped in bacon and it was good.
Ron173 wrote:Yeah for sure, your dead right, I should make the effort.

I'm defo gonna try this, how many does it make?

12 rashers n you cut in three , it's this 36?

Sounds great for a gathering, but was just asking so to downsize fire just a few for family
Cheers great effort