Magpie goose

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
eggbert

Magpie goose

Post by eggbert »

Anyone have any recipe suggestions for Magpie goose breasts?
Mountain Mick

Re: Magpie goose

Post by Mountain Mick »

Hi Eggbert,
Magpie goose breasts :mrgreen: (I miss the Qld duck season} Mountain Mick's Rosemary, Sage & Garlic Magpie goose breasts ,,, First Rub with Rosemary, Sage & Garlic Butter now Wrap the breast in streaky bacon and in and oven bag on thick slices of onion and bake for about 1 hour & 20 minutes and serve with garlic roast potatoes and roasted Beetroot.

another one is My Mountain Mick's Curried Magpie goose breasts , I first flour the breast now brown the breast in Ghee add a few onion chopped coarsely saute the onions in the ghee now put the breast back in with the onion add a few table spoon of your favorite curry powder I add ( Keens Hot ) , now I add few tablespoons of red curry paste, some soy sauce (2 tablespoons) a stick or 2 of Lemon Grass , couple tablespoons of Fish sauce, I now add some chunks of Carrot, Swede, Capsicum, Potato & Pumpkin (add the Vegggies you like), now I add enough Stock (chicken) to cover the lot but 1/4 of inch that 4mm on metric I cook this in a giant Camp oven normally but you cook it in a pressure cooker or in the oven . would cooked remove the breast and any veg that has not broken up now thicken the sauce with cornflour paste and serve on steamed rice..Hope these help. MM :P :D :) :lol: :wink:
eggbert wrote:Anyone have any recipe suggestions for Magpie goose breasts?
Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com