Goat Ribs Low n Slow

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
shayneh2006

Goat Ribs Low n Slow

Post by shayneh2006 »

This one i did tonight was a cracker 8) 8)

And i got to try out my home made heat difuser which came up trumps :wink: :wink:

Right,,,

I applied a mixture of Aoli and Mustard on the ribs and gave the a LIGHT dust of rub

On the grill, using the snake with Oak. I did also have a Shank in there for variety :wink:

After a few hours they were foiled. The long 230F low and slow rendered out 95% of the fat :wink: And here they are just unwrapped and basted in my home made tomatoe/BBQ sauce.

I tell ya, this was good gear!!!!!!. Its the first time i have done Goat ribs and if it wasnt for how expensive they were, i would eat them ten times before i ate Pork Ribs.

Shayne

Don't argue with idiots.. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Ramjet

Re: Goat Ribs Low n Slow

Post by Ramjet »

DAMN Shayne!!!! You have been cooking some awesome looking feeds.
Rod
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

I'm with Roger!....Bloody fine work Shayne!

I've got sa goat to cook this Saturday at the Internaqtional BBQ Show...I might just have to give the ribs a fly!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
gnol

Post by gnol »

Must say they look awesome mate.
I'll be on the lookout for some of these to try out.
shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 »

Ramjet wrote:DAMN Shayne!!!! You have been cooking some awesome looking feeds.
gnol wrote:Must say they look awesome mate
urbangriller wrote:Bloody fine work Shayne!
Cheers :P

urbangriller wrote:I've got sa goat to cook this Saturday at the Internaqtional BBQ Show...I might just have to give the ribs a fly!
Give it a go :wink: . The Internaqtional BBQ Show...,,,,,i would love to go if i could :( :(

Shayne

Don't argue with idiots.. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Mountain Mick

Post by Mountain Mick »

Hi Shayneh

Yes eat a lot of Goat, and we love , I get kill from the loacl goat farm for $50ea, dress out about 16kg to 22kg so that about $3.125 per kg to $2.27per kg....MM :D :) :lol: :P

Mountain Mick's old goat marinate
Hi,

Have a nice marinate and marinate it over night and then slowly roast it I would wrap it with streaky bacon,

here is a marinate that I use on older rams

Mountain Mick's old goat marinate mix
some garlic 4/6 cloves
1/2cup dried or fresh rosemary
1/4cup sweet paprika
1tblspoon dried or fresh mint
1/4cup lemon juice
4cup yogurt
2 chili seeded and finely chopped (optional)
1/2 cup olive oil

plus 1pint (600ml) Red wine

little potatoes and large button mushrooms

mix all together the marinate mix and rub in to leg of hoget or mutton or old goat use a shape pointed knife and stab few holes into roast so the marinate can penetrate into the center of the leg, marinate over night or at least 8 hours.

I then thickly slice up a couple onions and put on the bottom of the baking tray place the leg that you have wrap in the streaky bacon on these onion slices pour half of the marinate over leg hold let over in fridge for latter plus 1pint of red wine. cook slowly at around 320Fº(160cº) four hours(for a 5lb leg) after 31/2 hour place your little potatoes and large button mushrooms around roast it may need a little bit more wine keep cooking and then for the last 1/2 hour turn up 428Fº(220cº) and pour let over marinate over roast meat. would cook to your liking rest meat for 20minute and carve up and serve with the little potatoes and button mushrooms that have cooked in the red wine sauce, you add a bit more water or stock to red wine sauce and thicken with corn starch or potatoes starch.
Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com
Staunch Trooper

Post by Staunch Trooper »

Wow, just wow, unfortunatly i can't say ive had a taste of goat, where do you find good goat in western sydney, am keen for a taste.

Damn they look good, moist, tender..... hungry now :(
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Goats,

bloody ferals, running free up 'ere. always got some goat and bamby in freezer.

but Shayne...........ya justgotta stop doing this to me,

my goat ribs were good, but youre's... :shock: :shock: :shock: ... sheeeeet.....can't touch that.

love your work. :D :D 8) no....no.....i really love your work...... :twisted: :lol: :lol:

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
Deano

Post by Deano »

Staunch Trooper wrote:Wow, just wow, unfortunatly i can't say ive had a taste of goat, where do you find good goat in western sydney, am keen for a taste.

Damn they look good, moist, tender..... hungry now :(

I haven't lived in Sydney for years but when I did, I'd buy goat from from The Goldenhorn Butcher Enmore Rd, Enmore. Good quality Halal meat.
20" RadarHill Reverse Flow Offset, a few Webers, Wood Fire Pizza Oven, Camp Oven.
Staunch Trooper

Post by Staunch Trooper »

Enmore is abit of a hike, i'll wait till i hear from shayneh as to where he gets it as he is in my neck of the woods.

Failing that, then i know where to go, cheers Deano.