Bamby on the 200

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
Commander Cody

Bamby on the 200

Post by Commander Cody »

just a quick photo drop of a chunk of bamby roasted on the 200. the meat was stuffed with white bread crumbs, garlic, chilly, rosmary, thyme, and some weird banana stuff.

stuffed and tied

onto the 200

after starting the cook on high for 15 mins to seal it all up.........i dropped the temp down to around the 325f mark or so. and this is what happened. the cook took about 2hrs

being the first time my guests had bamby they asked for medium>>>>>>>well. they got it.....it was still tender and juicey.....and there was none left for sangas today. tasted real regal.

lots more of these little beggers grazing through the vinyard just asking to be plated......YUM.

enjoy

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
Amfibius

Re: Bamby on the 200

Post by Amfibius »

Looks great!

But, er ... what's a Bamby? Is it venison?
Image Image Image
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Yeah

you called it right.

just love that sex pistols song..............."who shot bamby"...............if it was dear it was me.

kevin
Robbo5252

Post by Robbo5252 »

Which part of Bamby did you use? I have some a neighbour shot and trying to work out what to do with it.
Cheers
Robbo
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

UMmmmmm

it was the leg. boned and stuffed. if you can get the back strap that is the best part.

i usually low and slow bamby, but this time i thought i would step outside of my trads and use no fats or bacon. i did not even inject this time. i wanted to see if a blast of really hot 200 would seal in the juices............and it did.

here is a simple way to do back strap

cut into medalions, sprinkle with your favourite rub, fire up your BBQ to real hot ..............them flash Q them for nor longer than 30 seconds per side. great starter.

for the best bamby............bone and tie it..........it serves easier.

now the low and slow venison

well not really..... do the thing at 300f.....because it is so lean and will toughen up with a longer cook

you will need real fatty cheap arse bacon cut into little pieces
good bacon strips OR duck fat
garlic, rosemary, thyme,fresh ginger, saltanas or rasins.

now as your BBQ is pre heating to 300f cut lots of narow holes into the venison. ( I AM TALKING LOTS AND LOTS ) now start stuffing your bacon and herbs and tanas into hole making sure the bacon is first and last in. ( THAT IS ALL OVER THE THING ). The fat from the cheap arse bacon will help to keep your bamby all juiced up. and the herbs and tanas will add flavour.

if you are lucky enough to have duck fat really slap that stuff all over bamby. if not use your bacon and criss cross it all over. this will also help to keep it moist.

don't get scared now.......bamby is a very lean meat. ok, and this will keep it gooooood.

now place bamby in your BBQ and 300f it for say 40 minutes per kg plus 10. if you have a thermometer take it to the desired doneness. use the beef scale as a guide, it is pretty simular. take your venison out of the BBQ and let it stand for 20 minutes. don't worry about it getting cold. 'cause as Chris writes "wadoyawant nice tender juicy meat or hot tiough shoe leather..??.." if it goes cold make up a nice gravy and pour over it.

serve with what ever sides you like, i usually do tater bake and greens.

enjoy

kevin
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Looks good Kevin!

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Looks beaut, Hey Its been a while,, Do you need an extra "man with a gun" up there? :lol:
Ill bring a trailer packed full of dry ice and save them precious grape vines for ya 8)
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
titch

Post by titch »

Smokey Mick wrote:Looks beaut, Hey Its been a while,, Do you need an extra "man with a gun" up there? :lol:
Ill bring a trailer packed full of dry ice and save them precious grape vines for ya 8)
Then drink the cellar dry :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers
Titch