Help with a goat leg stuffing

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
Smokey

Help with a goat leg stuffing

Post by Smokey »

I picked up a rear goat leg that has a heap of flank still attached.
I can wrap and tie the leg with this flank and was thinking it would be a shame not to put some sort of stuffing in there.
I thought halloumi cheese and pine nuts with fresh Greek herbs?
So Ill throw it out there for some ideas
Its long and skinny so Im thinking I will cook it on the summit spit, its 1.9kg
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
titch

Re: Help with a goat leg stuffing

Post by titch »

Stuff with Gruyere cheese, cracked pepper,lemon Zest and streaky bacon, in MHO.
Have a nice beer or two doing it.
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers
Titch
kingsthorpedavid

Post by kingsthorpedavid »

Would be ideal for a camp oven, if you shorten the leg or have a long camp oven.
Fill camp oven base with halved peeled onions, leg on top, pour half a bottle of white wine over and away you ago.
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

I have done lamb stuffed with a basil pesto to which I added cracked black pepper which turned out great. You could do something along those lines.

Goat has a stronger flavour than Lamb so you need to consider if you want to soften/change the flavour profile or keep most of it.

Brush it with lemon juice a couple of times during the cook will change the flavour profile. doing it 5 minutes before taking it off will give it a zesty acidic flavour.

Try grilling slices of lemon and serving them with the goat/lamb instead of using lemon as a baste. Takes about 3-4 minutes per side on the gill though if you are using the summit you should use a teflon grill sheet as the grill bars are a bit further apart.

Cheers

Cap'n