Mountain Mick's Roast Rabbit marinate

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
Mountain Mick

Post by Mountain Mick »

Hi,

Have a nice marinate and marinate it over night and then slowly roast it I would wrap it with streaky bacon,

Here is a marinate that I use on rabbit

Mountain Mick's roast rabbit marinate
1 large farmed rabbit or 2 wild rabbits
Enough streaky bacon to wrap the whole rabbit/rabbits
Some garlic 4/6 cloves
1/2cup dried or fresh rosemary
1/4cup sweet paprika
1tblspoon dried or fresh mint
1/4cup lemon juice
1cup yogurt
2 chili seeded and finely chopped (optional)
1/2 cup olive oil

Plus 1pint (600ml) Red wine

Chat potatoes, nice carrots and large button mushrooms at least 3 of each per person

Mix all together and rub in to rabbit use a shape pointed knife and stab few holes into rabbit so the marinate can penetrate into the center of the rabbit, marinate over night or at least 8 hours.

I then thickly slice up a couple onions and put on the bottom of the baking tray place the rabbit that you have wrap in the streaky bacon on these onion slices pour half of the marinate over rabbit, hold let over in fridge for latter plus 1pint of red wine. cook slowly at around 320Fº(160cº) 3 hours(for a 2.4KG/5lb rabbit) after 21/2 hour place your little potatoes, carrots and large button mushrooms around roast it may need a little bit more wine keep cooking and then for the last 1/2 hour turn up 428Fº(220cº) and pour let over marinate over roast meat. would cook to your liking rest meat for 10 minute and carve up and serve with the little potatoes and button mushrooms that have cooked in the red wine sauce, you add a bit more water or stock to red wine sauce and thicken with corn starch or potatoes starch.

This will also work on most game meats like Elk, Morse, deer, caribou, bear or wild Boar
Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com