Pizza Base Recipes

PIZZAS, BREADS, CAKES & DESERTS ON BBQ
Card Shark

Re: Pizza Base Recipes

Post by Card Shark »

Here are a couple of dough recipes from Peter Reinhart's "Pizza Quest" site that I've used. Make a big batch and no problem freezing but leave them in the fridge for a few days (up to a week) first so the dough develops flavor and character. Some really interesting pizza making webisodes on his site too.

Do mine on either a BGE medium or large at 550 - 600f with a half a fist full of local timber depending on the pie. The challenge on a BBQ IMO is to get it hot enough for the dough to rise and develop quickly, without burning the base while still lightly charring the top. The longer it's on the BBQ, the more your crust is drying out and becoming harder. CS

http://www.fornobravo.com/pizzaquest/in ... dough.html

http://www.fornobravo.com/pizzaquest/in ... style.html
Gumb

Pizza Base Recipes

Post by Gumb »

Busio90 wrote:At the weber demos, I use the tray, just because it's easy to on off the pizzas. Though I don't really understand the concept of it, as I would have thought the stone not only holds good heat but draws moisture out of the base making it crisp.
With a fresh base at home I usually slide it straight onto stone using baking paper, then after a couple of minutes slide it off baking paper onto stone.
Temp around 250c in q320.
Or around 300c in kamado.
Either the method above or I use holey tray ontop of stone

Nath
Cheers Nath, that's what I was after, am going to play around next time, stone all the time, some with the holey tray etc.
Ciapek

Pizza Base Recipes

Post by Ciapek »

Thought I'd add my dough recipe which works wonders in the Acorn.

200ml water
2tbs Good Quality Cold Pressed Olive Oil
1tsp Salt
1tbs Honey
20gr Semolina
350gr Strong White Flour
1.5tsp Lowans Dried Yeast.

I mix in the bread machine, rest for an hour, knock down, stretch out and let rise again for about an hour...
Makes two thin crust bases.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk