Pizza dough,

PIZZAS, BREADS, CAKES & DESERTS ON BBQ
Mountain Mick

Pizza dough,

Post by Mountain Mick »

Here is my main Pizza dough recipe, I been using this for 25 years now My kids love it rolled out really thin and cooked quicky in the wood fired Pizza oven, if you leave about 1" plain dough edge it bubbles up nice and crisp, this dough also makes love Calzone. you can use it thicker but I have a bread dough that I use for my deep pan pizza ,

Thin Pizza dough,
By Mountain Mick Blake Baree
3/4 cup lukewarm water
2 cup bread flour
1 egg
1 tbsp dry milk powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
50 ml olive oil
2 1/2 tsp yeast

first add yeast, egg, water, sugar (let sit) whisk up. , sift flour, milk powder, salt & now rub oil in to flour with fingers (let sit) after half hour at room temp, add yeast in to well in flour mix and now mix and let proof and them re keened, shape into rolls or loaf, or as a plated loaf and them rest to rise again (second rise

Basic white bread deep pan pizza dough
By Mountain Mick Blake Baree

Put your yeast and sugar in a warm ceramic bowl add lukewarm water 49 degrees Celsius, and stir gentle let this sit for about 20 minutes to 1/2 hour, The sugar in bread is not they to make it sweet but to help feed the yeast, By doing this you are waking up the yeast first.

I use Fermi pan red instant yeast from Holland 500gm packet and I store it in the deep freezer and take out what I need to make my bread, but any good bakers yeast will do.

here is my

basic white bread, & deep pan pizza dough
3/4 cup lukewarm water
2 cup bread flour
1 tbsp dry milk powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp butter
2 1/2 tsp yeast

first add yeast, water, sugar (let sit) , sift flour, milk powder, salt & now rub butter in to flour with fingers (let sit) after half hour at room temp, add yeast in to well in flour mix and now mix and let proof and them re keened, shape into rolls or loaf, or as a plated loaf and them rest to rise again (second rise) them in pre-heated oven 250°C, for crusty bread lightly brush with a little milk.

Now you can take this basic white dough and add black olive or semi dried tomatoes, garlic, soak cracked corn or other grains, I some times add cheese & chives, it is up to you, some time I will flatten the dough out and push fresh grape into the dough and sprinkle with raw sugar and bake for a sweet treat, do this and instead of grape and sugar. Try tomatoes paste, black olive and fresh or dry herbs, parmesan cheese and brush with olive oil to make focaccia bread.

Hope you are having fun, Mick
MM :D :lol: :wink:
Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com