Food Safari

PIZZAS, BREADS, CAKES & DESERTS ON BBQ
Grunter

Food Safari

Post by Grunter »

I caught Episode 3 last night. I thought it was worth sharing, had a good bit on pizza ovens, making dough etc.

http://www.sbs.com.au/food/programs/food-safari
Groovy Gorilla

Re: Food Safari

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

Its a great show I want some lamb tail fat and few flat skewers and a zirh

chilling while grilling
paulr
Forum Administrator

Post by paulr »

Did anyone of our forum get involved (they did contact us about a year ago for member participation?)

Happy BBQ-ing, Paul
http://aussiebbq.info/wp - my blog
https://lifesafeast.com.au/cookingclass ... criptions/ - great cooking classes
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.
Grunter

Post by Grunter »

Groovy Gorilla wrote:Its a great show I want some lamb tail fat and few flat skewers and a zirh

I think I saw that episode last night. Each year we buy a couple of (very) fat lambs from a local farmer, slaughter and butcher them ourselves. Don't know how much tail fat we have thrown away, won't be throwing it away this year.
Treggie

Post by Treggie »

Very disappointed in this series. Very light on with prep information, almost quick magazine article type presenting. No depth whatsoever, and the receipes are non-existent. Could have been done so much better. I quite like the format of other shows with a similar focus such as the BBC A Cook Abroad, presented by various chef's travelling to different countries and presenting the local quisine. My favourite was the Argentinian episode which featured *lots* of BBQ and receipes to match.

Some of this show is more about using a fire instead of a stove as opposed to actual cooking techniques,etc. Although I was impressed with the bloke who was making charcoal, just wish they'd mentioned more about where to get it, etc.
Grand Hall 7 Burner BBQ, Weber Kettle, Weber Baby Q & Dribble

ImageImage
Angryman65

Post by Angryman65 »

Treggie wrote:Very disappointed in this series. Very light on with prep information, almost quick magazine article type presenting. No depth whatsoever, and the receipes are non-existent. Could have been done so much better. I quite like the format of other shows with a similar focus such as the BBC A Cook Abroad, presented by various chef's travelling to different countries and presenting the local quisine. My favourite was the Argentinian episode which featured *lots* of BBQ and receipes to match.

Some of this show is more about using a fire instead of a stove as opposed to actual cooking techniques,etc. Although I was impressed with the bloke who was making charcoal, just wish they'd mentioned more about where to get it, etc.
It is" Food Safari Fire", so that will be the focus of the cooks. A lot of different ways to cook using fire.

I've enjoyed it and found that a lot of the recipes are already on the website before the end of the series which is a bonus. At least they're not just selling a cookbook, although its supposed to be a really good book.

Each time I've wanted to do one of the recipes, I just watch that segment again online to get a refresher on the prep and print a copy of the recipe. The chicken satay I did the other night was the best I've eaten yet.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

There websites got lots of the best recipes on the net
You cant beat people cooking their best dishes the way their grandmother did.
http://www.sbs.com.au/food/programs/food-safari
chilling while grilling
titch

Post by titch »

Treggie.
Not Knocking your post but, I enjoy watching this series.
The recipes are usually on the site if you look.
I guess pure recipes like the Spinach pies would take ages to show.
one of the better series of TV cooking for me.
Cheers
Titch
pierre

Post by pierre »

Treggie wrote:Very disappointed in this series. Very light on with prep information, almost quick magazine article type presenting. No depth whatsoever, and the receipes are non-existent. Could have been done so much better. I quite like the format of other shows with a similar focus such as the BBC A Cook Abroad, presented by various chef's travelling to different countries and presenting the local quisine. My favourite was the Argentinian episode which featured *lots* of BBQ and receipes to match.

seeing floor boards going in the pile, and who is there to check on treated timber, made my my choice to buy only briquettes even stronger.