Authentic Italian Pizza Dough Recipe Instructions

PIZZAS, BREADS, CAKES & DESERTS ON BBQ
Narmnaleg

Re: Authentic Italian Pizza Dough Recipe Instructions

Post by Narmnaleg »

Busio90 wrote:Semolina works a treat to

Nath

Or you could also try launching the pizza using nothing except for a very dry wooden pizza peel.
Nath

Post by Nath »

Narmnaleg wrote:
Busio90 wrote:Semolina works a treat to

Nath

Or you could also try launching the pizza using nothing except for a very dry wooden pizza peel.
Ok

Nath
Nath
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Made a batch of this over the weekend. Surprised just how soft the dough came out after an overnight to ferment. Thanks for posting MY! CS
Nath

Post by Nath »

Card Shark wrote:Made a batch of this over the weekend. Surprised just how soft the dough came out after an overnight to ferment. Thanks for posting MY! CS
Cool! Will have to try this one looks good.

Nath
Nath
pierre

Post by pierre »

it looks great, it should be specified this is the napoli version not the general pizza you'll find everywhere in Italy who is thinner and without the fluffy crust
BbqPete

Post by BbqPete »

Hi everyone , just made this recipe and was really impressed with the result , it's definitely the best dough I've ever made and the pizzas were extremely well received, even the kids loved them! I cook my pizzas in my hooded Bbq on a fire tile I purchased from a refractory supply mob some years back and it works a treat.Thanks for the great post MY.
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Trying right now. Never fully read the thread, so pizza tonight is out, but that is OK. Just on the 1st 30 minute rest. 1st time using a double OO flour too, so excited, as I love a Neapolitan crust! Sausage, mushroom and black olive pie tomorrow!
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Does not look like MY has been on in quite some time. Anyone that has tried this method, I have added yeast and mixed. Will rest an hour and stretch, my question, the 12 hour fermentation stage...is that just left on the counter? It is 5pm here, I realize the 2nd "proof" was done in the fridge, but an not sure what to do about the 1st 12 hours.
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Oh well, did the stretch...will just leave it on counter top overnight!
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

Sorry Bent, I got to this too late. It should be fine to put in the fridge in the morning, it depends on how the fermentation is going. I'm looking forward to seeing the result. What oven will you use?
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Tea towel dried out overnight, so skin on top, but will put in fridge now and see if it is ready for use tonight. It is -10C right now, so probably in oven at 273°C.

Thanks.
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Bentley

Post by Bentley »

A small test pie!

Best pizza dough I have ever made...These next comments are not meant as disrespect to this recipe. I am not sure all the steps are need to achieve the results I want. I don't know, but will try a few modification and see if it comes out the same. I never believed that flour made a big difference, I am pretty sure OO is the only flour I will ever use again. I also believe that the hydration of the flour is a must, not that you use more water, but that you allow the time for the flour to hydrate! I have always just mixed ingredients, kneeded and fermented or let rise. I believe that 30 minutes of rest after flour and water was incorporated is a must and I also like adding the yeast and salt in that 2nd step.

I am not sure 12 hours of rising is needed, nor the stretching nor the 12 hours in fridge. Will try my way next time and see if the results are the same.

Cant imagine cooking something like this in a woof fired oven, I think that would take it to a new level. Cooking on the backside of a Teflon skillet, in an electric oven...Come on Man!

Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

That looks fantastic Bent! Well done.
In relation to the time, I never let it ferment that long because I don't have the patience for it usually. Some let the dough ferment slowly over a 1 to 3 day period (in the fridge the whole time), but they are usually using their own starters which will have their own characteristics. I let it rise for as long as I can outside the fridge, or overnight in the fridge and then outside for a few more hours. To avoid the skin, I use cling wrap (saran wrap or glad wrap) on top of the bowl. I still place the towel on top to stop too much light getting in, but I'm not sure if that's necessary.
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Awesome!!! I'm so giving this a go!!

Good Job Bentley!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Nath

Post by Nath »

Looking at doing this tonight. Is the 1st fermentation process (12hr) done on fridge or bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nath