The Best Prawn and Calamari Pizza on Weber Q320

PIZZAS, BREADS, CAKES & DESERTS ON BBQ
CathB

Post by CathB »

I made this pizza for the first time last night - adapting a recipe I used to use for making Bruschetta. It turned out so amazing my husband didn't stop raving about it all night!!!

1 portion of pizza dough (see recipe below – this isn’t my recipe but it’s the one I use for best results)

PIZZA TOPPING
Green Prawns (I use defrosted frozen prawns when making pizza)
Calamari Rings cut in half ( I use defrosted frozen calamari)
Olive Oil
1 crushed clove of garlic
A jar Barillo Genovese Pesto (it’s my favourite)
Feta Cheese
Packaged grated Pizza Cheese
Small bag of prewashed Rocket
1 Bottle Red Kelly Basil & Garlic Salad Dressing

1. Marinate the seafood in about a tablespoon of Olive Oil and the crushed garlic (I do mine for around 2 hours
2. Cut out a circle of baking paper (you want this to be slightly larger than your pizza dough base but not bigger than your pizza stone and place on pizza tray
3. Place trivet on BBQ, place steel Weber veggie basket on top of trivet and on top of this place pizza stone – pre heat BBQ for 20 minutes
4. Roll out pizza dough and place on top of the baking paper on the pizza tray
5. Put 3 or 4 good dollops of the Pesto on top of pizza and spread out to the edges to make a nice thin covering
6. Arrange the marinated seafood on top of the pesto
7. Crumble some feta cheese over the seafood (not too much or the saltiness becomes too overpowering)
8. Sprinkle over the grated cheese (again this is a matter of preference but I use just a couple of handfuls)
9. Slide the pizza including paper on to the preheated pizza stone, close lid and turn the middle burner down a couple of notches. Wait 4 minutes then pull/slide the paper out from beneath the crust. Continue cooking pizza for 12 minutes then check underneath the crust to see how it’s going. If light brown and crispy looking – it’s done. If not just give a couple extra minutes
10. While the pizza is cooking empty Rocket into a bowl and toss with some of the basil and garlic dressing until well coated.
11. When pizza is done remove from BBQ, spread rocket on top of pizza, slice and serve. Trust me – this is seriously yummy!

PIZZA DOUGH

1 2/3 cups of flour (reserve ½ cup)
1 ½ tspns yeast
2 tspns honey
¾ cup of water tepid
¾ tspn sea salt
1 ½ tblspns of Olive oil

Blend reserved cup of flour/yeast/water/honey whisk to combine and rest for 5 minutes
Whisk in salt and oil then blend in ½ cup of flour at a time until combined with wooden spoon.
Turn onto floured board and knead dough for 10 minutes, form into a ball and rest for 15 minutes covered with tea towel.
Cut into two pieces – lightly knead and fold into balls. Lightly coat with oil and rest for one hour.
Or if using next couple of days – wrap in cling wrap and rest in fridge for 2 days.
Roll out to desired size

Give it a try - I'll be interested to hear what you think!
Cheers
Cath :mrgreen:
Nath

Post by Nath »

Sounds good! But no photos?

Nath
Nath
CathB

Re: The Best Prawn and Calamari Pizza on Weber Q320

Post by CathB »

Yeah! No photo sorry - but I only decided to put this up this morning AFTER I'd made it last night as an experiment. Next time I'll take a photo - promise!
Nath

Post by Nath »

:D

Nath
Nath