Pastrami

SAUSAGES,CHARCUTERIE and DELI ARTS
wedwards

Pastrami

Post by wedwards »

Saw a post about pastrami last week. This is what you guys made me do. It is freakin awesome stuff - way better than anything ive ever bought. Probably should have used the meat slicer for finer slices, but I prefer it a bit fatter. Should probably also put a weight on it while it cools, but was first one, so lessons learned. It was so simple and easy to do, which was surprising. This will end up being a weekly cook I think.

Angryman65

Re: Pastrami

Post by Angryman65 »

Looks good to me. I've found that if it works and I like it then it's best to do it the same again.

Enjoy eating that.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Nice job!
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

MrsDragon

Post by MrsDragon »

Please excuse if not allowed, but can I please ask for the recipe or method you used? My Dad loves pastrami (I'm pretty fond too) and that looks awesome!
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

MrsDragon wrote:Please excuse if not allowed, but can I please ask for the recipe or method you used? My Dad loves pastrami (I'm pretty fond too) and that looks awesome!
Down in the recipe section under Smallgoods there are a few good recipe posts on Pastrami.

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

So you lika da Pastrami better then da Corned Beef sandwich?
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

wedwards

Pastrami

Post by wedwards »

MrsDragon wrote:Please excuse if not allowed, but can I please ask for the recipe or method you used? My Dad loves pastrami (I'm pretty fond too) and that looks awesome!
Just saw this. If you still want recipe and method I used, send me a pm and I will send through when I get on my pc next