Jagerwurst.....Quick and Easy.

SAUSAGES,CHARCUTERIE and DELI ARTS
Rabika

Re: Jagerwurst.....Quick and Easy.

Post by Rabika »

they turned out great but i did have the heat too high and the fat started to seperate in some of the sausages closer to the heat source which sucks but they are still awesome. next time i am thinking of very little smoke as i found the smoke overtook the flavour of the sausage. i will get them out fridge and take a pic :) any other recipes you have that use the same cure as i have a bit now and would love to try some out.
Ciapek

Post by Ciapek »

Small mistakes are not a problem, gets us inspired to do better.
Which smoker are you using ?
I have the Aldi one, I set my flame not on the Low setting, but as you turn the dial towards Off, the flame just manages to hang in there and that's my sweet spot.
Water pan is loaded with ice, I have one rack right above the water pan covered with Ali Foil as a "deflector" and my sausages get hung from a wire hanger pulled through the small bracket on the underside of the smoker 'ceiling'
A 2-3 hour smoke will get an ice refill and two loads of chips/chunks, no more smoke after that.
Try to get some Beechwood chips off eBay, they are much milder than the fruit woods if the smoke flavour is too dominant..
Glad you enjoyed the sausage. I'm slowly gearing up for Autumn, smoking season for me.
I'll post up a few more as I need to write them down........convert from handfuls to metric....lol !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rabika

Post by Rabika »

im using a masterbuilt 80cm electric smoker. i might just drop the temp lower next time at around 70c and just let it reach the temp slowly
Ciapek

Post by Ciapek »

That's the way. Nice and slow.
Maybe also look at making a foil heat diffuser above your heat source to send the heat up the cabinet walls and not directly around your sausages.
That's the problem with these small cabinet smokers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rabika

Post by Rabika »

would u do that with alfoil?