Exclusive Italian salami making day

SAUSAGES,CHARCUTERIE and DELI ARTS
Smokey

Exclusive Italian salami making day

Post by Smokey »

Franky, a co-worker of my wife have a small goods day a few times a year and I've been invited.
They buy a few whole pigs and take out cuts for coppa and the like and mince up all the rest.
The idea is that from the big pile of minced pork, everyone gets to suggest a recipe and over much moonshine and talking with your hands, Several types of salami are agreed. Then they make it.
I dont think Ill even bother trying to suggest anything but rather just suck up their knolage.
The group is keen on what I know about BBQ so Im hoping I can contribute in that regard.
Might even take a cooked brisket to try and gain some sort of credibility :oops:
Ive made a request to make year aged Coppa so ill bring a few collar butts.
The wife brought home salami from their last day and I gotta tell you Ive never eaten better,,, So strong , soft and aged.
They were going to have it on the 9th Nov but I said Im allready commited to Kevs wedding and they said,, No worry will do it the next week end :D
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
beermee

Re: Exclusive Italian salami making day

Post by beermee »

I'm happy to bring a spit, a monster kamado and some booze along....!!!

Seriously, sounds like a great day - enjoy! And we want pics (and tips/recipes).

Gary
Note that: Gary is posting on the Aussie BBQ Forum as: 'SmokeKingBBQs' (as a vendor) and 'beermee' (as a personal account)