Niel Perry T-Grill

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
trennez@yahoo.com.au

Niel Perry T-Grill

Post by trennez@yahoo.com.au »

Hi all,

I live in a apartment and am looking for a small bbq to stick on the balcony. I see the Weber q series is rated very highly here and I'm certainly considering it.

I also saw the Niel Perry T-grill (which my partner likes. It looks good too

:wink: ). I can't find much info on it except channel 10 infomercials etc which makes me a bit sus. However it did seems very well made and the crossfire technology sounds like it produces a good even cooking surface.

Has anyone had any experience with or no anything about this bbq?

Cheers,

Trennez
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Trennez
First of all welcome to the forum, we hope to see you as a regular.

You can find some info on the T grill at this site - http://www.grandhall.co.uk

It is an interesting concept and obviously works well, the only drawback that I see is that is restricted to grilling only.

If you are down in Geelong next Saturday come and see me at Classic Fireplaces 99 West Fyans St and I will give you a run through on the Q series and cook some meat for you.

Regards
Captain cook
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Hi There Phil,

Your fame knows no boundaries there Phil hehehehe

It appears that everyone @ Weber Australia is talking about you as I found out today.

I was at a Location in Sydney this morning(around Penrith) as I was coming home from a 50 th B'day bash from last night and decided before I got on the motorway to home, I'd call in to some of the BBQ Retailers in the area and see what they've got. I was talking to a young lady who was demonstrating/cooking and the conversation originally bought up by myself, came to you(i didn't mention name at first..just in case...you know) but it was her that acknowledged who you were and that you were a well known famous Weber cooker from Geelong.....aaahhh must be part of the training process now eh LOL.

Good onya mate, in the short time I've communicated with you, I beleive your fame is well deserved....maybe I can smell a major TOUR comming on LOL.

By the way, it's either a rip off or Weber has increased some prices due to our dollar slump but BBQs galore in penrith was charging $788 for a new Performer.....eeeeek....but they had a WSM there and was $599.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Thank you for your kind comments. I am not so much as a demonstrator, I am a believer. I am just passionate about barbecuing, it is my hobby. The fact that I own 5 Weber BBQs is because I have used many others and they have all let me down after a few years whilst the Webers just keep going. I still have my original kettle that is over 20 years old, and I still use it regularly - today actually - I used it and the Weber wok to do a stirfry because I had a couple of lots of half used heatbeads that I was going to dump and then thought what the heck, lit them and did the stirfry.

As for prices.

I am led to believe that Galores are charging over the RRP for Weber in some stores. The price of a Performer is $729.00 RRP on the Weber Australia site - www.weberbbq.com.au the price has not changed. To my knowledge Weber have not increased the prices to the retailers.
Whilst retailers can charge whatever they like, I for one would be checking what the RRP is and then going to a store that is only charging that price.
The majority of Premium Weber retailers only charge the RRP.

Regards
Captain Cook