Ziegler and Brown Twin Grill

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Kimbo

Re: Ziegler and Brown Twin Grill

Post by Kimbo »

After a few weeks using the Ziggy sitting on a couple of saw horses, I got around to knocking up a table for it. I can't stand throwing stuff out, so whenever I have some project at home I usually accumulate a bunch of offcuts and various bits and pieces. But this time I was able to use just about every last piece of jarah flooring I had left over from rebuilding my front veranda last year and so miraculously actually reduced the crap in my garage. :) I also had a piece of marble that I found buried in the garden 19 years ago when I got the house. I kept hold of it knowing that one day it 'would come in handy'. It was the perfect size although not in great shape. Numerous gouges, a couple of holes, some cracks and some serious rust stains. Anyway I laminated some of the 19 mm jarah to make thicker legs and hit the marble by hand with a bunch of wet and dry and it came out OK.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo »

And the wheels are a pair of diecast wheels from a 50 year old Pope push hand mower. Waste not, want not.
Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

Kimbo wrote:And the wheels are a pair of diecast wheels from a 50 year old Pope push hand mower. Waste not, want not.
Fantastic job on that trolley Kimbo! Well done, that looks great and I'm sure it cooks just a well as it looks.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo »

Thanks Narmnaleg. The red of the Jarah suits the Ziggy.

Another thing I should mention is that when I purchased the Ziggy + extra plate from BBQ Galore, I asked what the best price was for cash and was given $20 off. Not a lot but it’s still some free beer. :D

Also, I keep hearing about the great Weber service and I cannot comment on that. However I have to say that my local BBQG was very good to me. Due to some incredible stupidity on my part, (don’t ask) I cracked one of the plastic side tables. I contacted the store and was eventually given for free a new table that they had due to some return on another ziggy. No questions asked and no receipt shown. Really generous of them.
brinesy

Post by brinesy »

I know this is a very old thread but I've had a Ziggy Twin for over 5 years and ran into the low temp problem early on..... I tried many things like propping the hood up, foil over the grill etc to try and get the temp down to 100/110c all to no avail, what i was trying to do was smoke some dry rubbed brisket and just couldn't get the temp low enough.... then I had a light bolt moment and decided to wrap some of the burner with alfoil! I ended up wrapping about half of one of the burners and achieved my ideal temp of 110C..... if the gas cant get out it cant heat!!
Hope this helps some of you
BBQ-Dad

Post by BBQ-Dad »

Good simple idea brinsey!

And, welcome to the forum.