Ziegler and Brown Twin Grill

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
urbangriller

Re: Ziegler and Brown Twin Grill

Post by urbangriller »

Two years and only two bottles of gas! :shock: :shock:

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Will. The Z&B is twice the size of a baby Q.
However, Noboby said webber is crap :wink:
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
winstonwolf

Post by winstonwolf »

Smokey Mick wrote:Will. The Z&B is twice the size of a baby Q.
However, Noboby said webber is crap :wink:
LOL yes I re-read see your point. I didn't realise it was bigger- I guess the point I got carried away with is that you don't realise service is important until you have to use it and Webers so far in my exp is great. Not saying Z & B won't be either. If they want to take a chunk out of the Weber market share, they'll need to be just as good or word will quickly spread. I'll admit I was worried (else I wouldn't have sourced another BBQ)
urbangriller wrote:Two years and only two bottles of gas! :shock: :shock:

Chris
:oops: Yeah I didn't use it for 6 months. This one is nearly empty though - I'll run this bottle right down to E as I now own 2 bottles - I bought a 4KG which is full to try and fix the heat issue with a different bottle.

Now I want to look at the Z & B
W
Mark2011

Post by Mark2011 »

Totally unrelated but the last time i spoke to someone from weber in regards to the origin of Q components.

The cast body and hood are both made in the USA, the regular comes out of italy, the gas cock comes out of another country
the plastic moulded legs come out of china, burner tube from china also

but could have changed.
yobbz

Post by yobbz »

We grabbed a ziggy last week and have cooked on it every night so far...EVERY meal turned out great and it is way better than all the other bbq's that i have owned.
The roast was great and the steaks were the best i have had in years.
It does run hotter but it is all good
If someone wants to buy one all i can say is it does far beyond what expected it to do
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

Welcome aboard Yobbz,
nice first post with a product endorsement to boot. I hope that you plan on sticking around and introducing yourself, and maybe sharing some of the results of your cooks on the super dooper, fantasmagorical ziggy??
All the best,
Steve
Cattlemans Cutlet

Post by Cattlemans Cutlet »

Comes a time in eveymans life when they should join an online BBQ forum. My first post is on this thread as I intend to grab one of theses things tomorrow.

I know I've left my run a little late but was looking for a unit that did roasts and pizza's and BBQ's with the lid up and this ones size and price fits the bill.

Pork crackling essential.

Mainly joined for the recipes but hope to provide an honest apprasial in a few weeks ie after about 20 cooks.

I promise my review wont sound like I work for the company, like a few I've come across of late.

I assume theres also a humour section on the forum so perhaps we can share a joke or two.

CC
Snow

Post by Snow »

Welcome aboard CC! Yeah I find this forum is to me what Facebook is to my wife! Plenty of great tasting recipes around here and you'll find something to laugh at in the joke section. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the Ziggy. Make sure you post some pics of your new BBQ!
Boags

Post by Boags »

Hello all..

Just bought my first bbq being a Ziggy..... Got it home last night and tried it out. Worked fine but the thermometer on the hood kept on fogging up with condensation at 170 C.. ?? below that temp it was clear ?? Never had one before so I can't say if it is normal... Anyone else before I ring BBQ Galore ?? Please...
Snow

Post by Snow »

Yeah that's not normal! Get them to replace it.
Boags

Post by Boags »

Thanks Snow...

Rang and the lady says...."thats quite normal for them to do that" I said, "well the one in your shop didn't do it yesterday" She said, "Thats true, I will call and get a new one in for you ".

Next week I should have a new one !. I did ask that she check to see if there is an issue, because I don't want to replace them every five minutes!

Thanks for your advice.

regards
Snow

Post by Snow »

Boags wrote:Thanks Snow...

Rang and the lady says...."thats quite normal for them to do that" I said, "well the one in your shop didn't do it yesterday" She said, "Thats true, I will call and get a new one in for you ".

Next week I should have a new one !. I did ask that she check to see if there is an issue, because I don't want to replace them every five minutes!

Thanks for your advice.

regards
Hay no worries Boags! Good job on insisting that it was actually a problem and not just accepting that it was normal. I've used a few of the old style thermometers and have never seen them fogging up, well not until my misses put our last one in the dish washer ;) it's clean at least! Haha

Let us know when your new one arrives so we can start getting some reports on their customer service :D
Cheers
Boags

Post by Boags »

My new thermometor finally arrived yesterday. (10 days from Sydney!) When I picked it up from the store, I asked her if they had found any other issues. She said she did ask head office and was told that some of them have been fogging up but it was normal!!.. What can I say..sales people just maybe aren't bbq ers....

Any way I fItted it and low and behold it works fine. BBQ'd most of the arvo with no sign of fogging up. Rang the store to let em know the result.

I had a look at their facebook site and noticed late december someone posted to say they had a cracked hood and when she rang the store they said they couldn't exchange it without the receipt !! The person bought it about two months ago. Now I note that I cannot find the post anywhere to see how she went ?? Other than the service from bbq galore I find that most are happy with the performance of it ....

Thanks for the advice.
Snow

Post by Snow »

Thanks for posting back I thought you had forgotten :) Interesting story about the cracked lid!
Bill44

Post by Bill44 »

Boags wrote:My new thermometor finally arrived yesterday. (10 days from Sydney!) When I picked it up from the store, I asked her if they had found any other issues. She said she did ask head office and was told that some of them have been fogging up but it was normal!!.. What can I say..sales people just maybe aren't bbq ers....

Any way I fItted it and low and behold it works fine. BBQ'd most of the arvo with no sign of fogging up. Rang the store to let em know the result.

I had a look at their facebook site and noticed late december someone posted to say they had a cracked hood and when she rang the store they said they couldn't exchange it without the receipt !! The person bought it about two months ago. Now I note that I cannot find the post anywhere to see how she went ?? Other than the service from bbq galore I find that most are happy with the performance of it ....

Thanks for the advice.
If demanding a receipt then they must issue a receipt that will be legible for the period of the warranty, most places these days use thermal direct paper in their tills. Thermal direct paper will go black in about an hour in a car on a Summer day, or fade to nothing in about 3 months in a filing cabinet.
Bill
Cast Iron Hibachi
Jackeroo Mini Spit
18 1/2" kettle
57cm Kettle
6 Burner Gasser sausage sizzler only.