New BBQ

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
djnyd

New BBQ

Post by djnyd »

Hoping this forum is not completely dead :)

Has anyone had any experience with Beefeater 1200 Series 4 Burner LPG BBQ with Trolley & Side Burner BMG1241SB

https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/pro ... -bmg1241sb

Keen to hear thoughts. I wish I could afford the Weber Genesis 455 :)
titch

Re: New BBQ

Post by titch »

I have had nothing to do with one but check out Product Review here
https://www.productreview.com.au/listin ... s-4-burner

This forum is full of great information that doesnt age but since going from Laptop to Tablet, the adds are everywhere and almost insulting in the placement
Good luck

djnyd wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:26 pm Hoping this forum is not completely dead :)

Has anyone had any experience with Beefeater 1200 Series 4 Burner LPG BBQ with Trolley & Side Burner BMG1241SB

https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/pro ... -bmg1241sb

Keen to hear thoughts. I wish I could afford the Weber Genesis 455 :)
Cheers
Titch
djnyd

Post by djnyd »

Ok from what I can see, stay away from Beefeater

I'm keen to hear options that people like for the larger scale bbqs (i.e. bigger than a Q3000)
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

G’day
Yes I read the beefeater reviews. And…..
I read the reviews on the Weber Q.
Both had some pretty scathing remarks. The one theme they both shared was they bought an expensive product and were expected to put it together and it would instantly make them better cooks.
Well it doesn’t give you better construction skills and it will not change your lid up sausage prodding ways.
I’ve got an $80 gasemate that I take bush. Same basic size as a Q200. Learn to use it and it’s no different results as well. Gets knocked about, don’t care.
Motivation and the willingness to make mistakes is the key.
Your family will be your best test dummies. They will be polite the first time, the secound they just refuse to eat And they tell you why They are tough. But you know if you can get sometime cooked for the test dummies twice your good to cook it for your guests.
Regards CD
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

If you grill a lot you may be better served with a flat top and save the money. With the cost of gas today it’s pretty expensive to roast on a hooded bbq using gas bottles.

If you like to roast get yourself a steel Kamado and enjoy the charcoal taste.
SitDown

Post by SitDown »

djnyd wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:31 am Ok from what I can see, stay away from Beefeater

I'm keen to hear options that people like for the larger scale bbqs (i.e. bigger than a Q3000)
I know its too late for my answer to you, as your inquiry was ages ago
If you're still sitting on the fence
My in law & a mate has similar, not the exact same beef eater, but looks like it (theirs are older version, but looks exactly like the link you supplied)
In a word, buy it, bloody good. I say buy it, because, after their own research, the biggest thing you look for in any gas bbq is heat & with a bigger bbq like what you are looking at is.... how heat spreads thru a bbq of that size without any cold spots wherever that might be in the Q
My in law has the weber 3000 & does not compare to the beef eater of that size
Baby Q + Rotisserie
GA + Rotisserie
WSM 14
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

'Actually Beefeater is a pretty good BBQ, they've been around for a very long time (not to be confused with BBQs Galore Beefmaster brand)

The Beefeater is designed to get very hot, designed to grill at high heat with lid up in the traditional Australian way whereas Weber were designed with lid down grilling.

I don't think you'd go wrong with a Beefeater at all.

They seem to be solid and very well built.
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5