Flat top bbq with detachable lid

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
cakewalk

Flat top bbq with detachable lid

Post by cakewalk »

Hello. I’m looking for a good quality mains gas built in bbq that I can cook from either side - ie the “front” or “back”. I don’t need a bbq with a hood as it would not usable from the back and I have a big green egg and outdoor bbq fireplace to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
RhodesRoaster

Re: Flat top bbq with detachable lid

Post by RhodesRoaster »

I'm trying to replace a 25+ y.o. Beefeater 5 burner base unit, with three x 320mm spaces, of which I cover two with a '3 burner' hood, leaving the hot plate open.

Everyone thinks 'what planet are you from?' when you ask for one without a hood, and nobody seems to do smaller hoods/longer bbqs any more.

I'm still looking, but the closest I've come to matching dimensions is from https://tuckerbbq.com.au/ It looks like Melbourne shipping is an extra $100.

They only do stainless steel so take a deep breath when checking the prices. If you have a hose, they'll put NG jets on for free.

If you're not 'hanging' it (from eg brickwork) they'll do it with a skirt to place it on a benchtop, and the back of that sticks out a bit.

They have charcoal baskets covered too - remove the flame tamers and they fit to the burners.

Please let us know what you come up with ....
RhodesRoaster

Post by RhodesRoaster »

C/o this forum I went to see Lifestyle BBQs and bought one (without a hood) on Monday.

See lifestylebbqs.com (they're made in Australia).

John is Sales knows what he's talking about too, which is a change from most retailers.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Heatlie are another great Australian quality hotplate style BBQ.

https://www.heatlie.com.au/barbecues

Not cheap but will last a very very long time.

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

G’day
Now that I’ve seen a pic..... that type of bbq is the workhorse of the local kids footy club. Got to have a flat plate for Snags. But now that I think about it they cooked a bit of chicken as well.....least my kids club did.
Regards Dave