Cast Iron Burners to Infrared

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
trink80

Cast Iron Burners to Infrared

Post by trink80 »

Hi Guys,

I've currently got a Beefeater discovery 4 burner 1100s and wanted to know if the cast iron burners can be swapped out for infrared. The reason i ask is that currently if i have 2 burners on, eg the far two left the right burner has no heat directing above even though the flames are blue, all the heat goes to the left. I thought converting to infrared would solve the issue.

Regards

Joe
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Cast Iron Burners to Infrared

Post by Davo »

trink80 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:20 pm Hi Guys,

I've currently got a Beefeater discovery 4 burner 1100s and wanted to know if the cast iron burners can be swapped out for infrared. The reason i ask is that currently if i have 2 burners on, eg the far two left the right burner has no heat directing above even though the flames are blue, all the heat goes to the left. I thought converting to infrared would solve the issue.

Regards

Joe
Hi there Joe, are you referring to the infrared burners like the ones that Zeigler % Brown Grand Turbo's uses?
https://www.zieglerandbrown.com.au/turb ... r-barbeque

I looked on the Beefeater website and none of the models have the infrared burners. Not sure if they are interchangeable as they are totally different makes.

My first course of action would probably be to go and see the dealer you bought the Beefeater from and tell him what you've explained to me, it could be a faulty regulator but it could be something worse. Are you using the flame diffusers over the burners under where the grill grates ,I don't think they are required under the hotplate.

The infrared burners have a special clear shield over them to evenly deflect the heat and that nothing drips onto these burners as they are quite vulnerable compared to cast iron or S S burners.

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
trink80

Re: Cast Iron Burners to Infrared

Post by trink80 »

Thanks Davo,

yeah I've changed the regulator and still same issue. Bought it from Masters about 5 years ago now. I know the signature series has the infared as you can buy then from https://www.thebbqstore.com.au/p/beefea ... -sig/94745 .

Cheers