Which built in?

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
ATCento

Which built in?

Post by ATCento »

G’Day everyone,
I’m brand new to the forum, but I’ve been lurking for a while. Thanks for the add. Hoping the group can help lead me in the right direction. I’ve only ever been a casual BBQ’er (my 4 burner Gasmate on cart has done me well enough for 15 years). Anyway, I’m about to build an alfresco area (~6m x 5.5m) and am looking to have a built-in BBQ installed. Budget is around $3k -$4k.

I’m a complete newbie to BBQ considerations. I’m looking for a four burner size, natural gas, something that cooks pretty straightforward for a quick mid-week steak as well as entertaining a bunch of people on weekends. Realistically I will use it around once fortnight. The mob building the outdoor kitchen tend to recommend Beefeaters, Grandfires (42” deluxe) and Zieglers (5 Burner Turbo elite). I can also see there’s a lot of love for Weber on here, so am wondering about the Summit (but feel this is way past my skill - and price - level).

Grateful for any advice!
Michael_Dunn

Re: Which built in?

Post by Michael_Dunn »

Advice on what you should get is difficult to answer, simply because there are a lot of unknowns.

You may be better off asking what the reader would have as a built-in, and why, then see if any
of the responses interest you e.g. I would have space for 2 bbq's
1) a 4-burner gasser - 2 requirements
(a) cooking area dimensions to fit 'grill grates'
(b) see-through hood - a lot of bbq-ing these days is 'hood-dpwn'
2) the new weber pellet grill sounds amazing - low'n'slow, smoking, high temp searing,
and all apparently set-and-forget.

agree with the other post - the other forum will likely get you the info you require.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Which built in?

Post by Davo »

ATCento,

I would go with the builder's recommendation, especially Beefeater and the Zeiglar Brown Turbo, both very good BBQ's these days.

The Summit is an awesome BBQ but there's also the lower priced Genesis that comes in 4 Burner as well in the Weber range.

Have you seen or heard of pellet BBQs? they are a great alternative to Gas.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5