Well it finally happened

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
food&fish

Well it finally happened

Post by food&fish »

as above the webber 320 Q caught fire last night ,Heated it up to cook a steak [yep its hot ] put steak on went in side for a beer came out and flames 2 ft high .Bugger turned of gas turned steak over then got the hose took steak off and a fine spray put it out [looks like today is cleaning day]
Who says you cant get charcoal steak off a weber :oops:
the dane

Re: Well it finally happened

Post by the dane »

How can that happen, unless there was heaps of crud under the grills and in the bottom.?
food&fish

Post by food&fish »

:oops: Hasn't been cleaned in 4 or so years :oops: don't want to spoil the taste :D
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

happened to me once on a Q220 i had back a few yrs ago....trying to get crackle on a pork belly roast.....unbelievable fat fire....melted my handle light but thats it...just had to let it burn itelf out because there no way you can cut oxygen off....i was more concerned the fat tray under was going to catch alight. turned off and uncscred gas tank in record time...anyway...bbq didn't melt and was ok to go again after a clean up...very lucky.

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
titch

Post by titch »

food&fish wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:33 am :oops: Hasn't been cleaned in 4 or so years :oops: don't want to spoil the taste :D
Good prompt, I better clean mine out
Cheers
Titch
the dane

Post by the dane »

Only gave my Weber Q, a clean after work on friday. Its a crap task, but they look good when done.
smoking jim

Post by smoking jim »

Good one Mate happened to me a while back trying to crackle pork, get's a clean every couple of months now. Been lucky haven't had a fire in bob yet
Bradley BTDS108CE-6.Bradley Propane Smoker.Kamado Royal.Webber 1982 Kettle.Anuka.Home Build Pellet Pooper,Bob Grillson 2014 Premium with WiFi App.