Natural gas to lpg

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Ezdog82

Natural gas to lpg

Post by Ezdog82 »

Hey everyone, did a quick search and didn’t find anything but so apologies if this has already been answered. Bought a beefeater discovery I-1000 second hand that needed a lot of a clean up, got it all cleaned up and found it’s a natural gas unit.

I don’t have a bayonet nearby so that’s no good, does anyone know what’s involved in converting back to LPG or am I better off reselling it now that it’s a bit tidier?
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Natural gas to lpg

Post by Davo »

Some people want to convert a LPG over to a natural Gas so I can't see why a Nat Gas can't be converted but the holes in the burners are larger in a Nat gas unit because the pressure is lower and the regulator is different too.....but you'll probably going to have to get a licenced gas bloke to do the conversion.....you will probably have to buy new burner tubes for it.

I have no idea what that's likely to cost .....you might be best to contact Beefeater first and ask if it's a viable option or not and how much is it likely to cost you....it might mean that you need to resell but it could be an economical solution.

Except for the cost of burners and regulator...all you need to do is add gas cylinder....when you're going the other way from LPG to natural Gas, you'll need a gas plumber to come around and ensure the diameter of the gas line is correct...I think there's more to it.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Ezdog82

Post by Ezdog82 »

Thanks, I’ll price the options and go from there. It had so much caked on grease that nothing could be seen in the way of labels etc. It’s a decent looking unit now so would be good to get it up and running.
titch

Post by titch »

send Beefeater a query on the conversion kit.
https://shop.beefeaterbbq.com.au/
Cheers
Titch