Identify that BBQ

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
9800shane

Identify that BBQ

Post by 9800shane »

Hi All,

I have received a BBQ which I am going to restore but for the life of me I can't find any information on it.

The best if have is that it is branded (Titan).

As far as I can tell it is not a matador one so if anyone has any clue that would be great.

Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Identify that BBQ

Post by Davo »

yes i think it is actually a Matador Titan which came in 4 & 6 burner models.
I can't tell how old it is but even though it looks weathered, it doesn't look that old.
the first thing to check is the burners, are they rusty cast iron or tubular Stainless Steel?
I would possibly look at getting new thermostat and hose but if you have a full gas cylinder already, you can check for leaks using the soapy water test.
Bunnings would also have a good stainless steel cleaner but these probably won't have a high grade exterior so see what you can do with what you have.....maybe a degreaser and a very light scourer? BBQs Galore could advise what to use but by the looks of it, i reckon its got a lot of bbqing in it yet...can't wait to see what you do with it and the final result.
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
9800shane

Post by 9800shane »

The cleaning part I have already sorted out. It is coming along nicely, a lot of elbow grease going in to it.

I was just interested about brand as I can't find anything on the internet about these at all.

It has a rotisserie burner which doesn't seem to be working at the moment but I am yet to pull it apart and take more of a look.

The burners are tubular design and seem to still work fine.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

from the googling that I have done points towards the Matador Titan and have since discovered it came in 3/4/6 burner sizes. this looks to be perhaps 5 - 7 yrs old.

I think the Matadors have come along way over the years and i was up at Bunnings only a few days ago and of course perused the BBQ section as a bloke does and was impressed with the current layout and design of current models.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Drew71

Post by Drew71 »

Probably already been answered...

but there have been a couple on Gumtree, looks like one badged Titan and one badged Bull. One is listed as everdure, but I think the seller just made a mistake, Cant find any info though.

Looks like an import copy of the high end Titan BBq's the way the drawers and knobs are set out

are you chasing parts or a manual or something?