Why its good to have a gas bbq

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
the dane

Why its good to have a gas bbq

Post by the dane »

Heaps of people buy a charcoal bbq, love it use it, and of load the the gasser. Last night was a classic example of a freezer, microwave, and gas bbq. Went to a friends for dinner, they had a phone call and had to leave. So home we go, 7:30pm. And was eating by 8:15pm. When is tapatalk going to run 100%? Seems to be a few more people here now, would be a good thing to fix, my phone works maybe twice in every 10 visits. CheersImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

12x7

Re: Why its good to have a gas bbq

Post by 12x7 »

Gas can be lots of fun.

People tend to forget there are different types.
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Hey The Dane ... good point on Tapatalk... a pain in the butt - poo tickets - works intermittently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Powderdigit
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

By the way ... good spread!

Powderdigit
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

By the way ... good spread!

Powderdigit
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

I've given up on Tapatalk...i really have😕

Yeah Don't know why ppl get the poos with gas bbqs...it seems when they discover charcoal or wood...they get all snobbish about it all but I use the Weber Q more than Charcoal and its quick and fuss free.
Tonight Wifey and I had Yaki-niku grilled on the Q320 and besides me over grilling the thin slices of pork belly to crispy bacon consistancy, it was awesome.
We also grilled some mini cabana sausages.
We bought heaps of meat from Costco last weekend so needed to cook it up.

If it meant that i could only have 1 BBQ....then the Q320 would win over the kettle.

Plus....in times of total fire bans....its good to have a gasser😆
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

I like the fact that I have both options - a gasser and a Kettle. It’s a bit of a luxury but nice for convenience and to have the option of doing some charcoal-based cooking.

Powderdigit
the dane

Post by the dane »

family stayed over last month, brother in-laws wife said she wishes they had a gas bbq, I was cooking eggs bacon tomato mushrooms hash browns fruit toast all on the weber Q. They only use charcoal, him being italian they only use charcoal. She was saying it takes so long to cook the start up prep.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

12x7

Post by 12x7 »

the dane wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:04 pm family stayed over last month, brother in-laws wife said she wishes they had a gas bbq, I was cooking eggs bacon tomato mushrooms hash browns fruit toast all on the weber Q. They only use charcoal, him being italian they only use charcoal. She was saying it takes so long to cook the start up prep.
You might have to lend them your Akorn and a looftlighter/heat gun. You can some seriously hot temps quickly using direct heat with fast burn lump.
AntinOz

Post by AntinOz »

My routine involves lighting the charcoal before prepping other stuff. Normally works out ok but I do have the gasser for times when I want it quick, or to use the rotisserie I have on it or to use the hotplate when I want to fry and not stink out the house or... horses for courses, they all have their uses.