Hi ... and to gas or not to gas

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Powderdigit

Re: Hi ... and to gas or not to gas

Post by Powderdigit »

Hope everyone is enjoying Sunday morning ...

Well ...the new BBQ was installed yesterday (the Weber guys was around for about 90minutes, perhaps a tad longer - very friendly, lots of advice and a good walk through of the new kit. Biggest point (I think) was ensuring the pressure of the natural gas was correct - not too much not too little - goldilocks. I cooked for 8 last night... too busy entertaining (or more accurately, trying not to embarrass myself with a new BBQ) to record the cook - suffice to say I used combination of kettle and 440 and bang! All good - worked a treat. So thanks for the folk that encouraged me to get a gas options to add to my exisiting charcoal/kettle option. As the Midnight Oil song goes - 'best of both worlds here'. :)

Here's some pics of the new beast in-situ...the morning after. :D
IMG_3284.jpg
IMG_3284.jpg (66.75 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
IMG_3282.jpg
IMG_3282.jpg (147.47 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Powderdigit
Bronson

Post by Bronson »

Hey PD
That is a sweet looking unit, glad it all worked out and great to hear you gave it a test run...
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Hey - this is cool and wonderful service. See that green Weber kettle in the back ... it had a rust spot/slight hole where the handle was welded to the lid (See this photo below ) - the service man that installed my Gen 2 suggested that I call Weber to enquire about possibility of a new lid. So... an email to Weber over the weekend - a call from them today and bang! A replacement lid being sent my way. Brilliant, easy, phenomenal service - in my opinion. Makes me happy that I purchased the gasser too. And I am glad I have a new cover for both the new Gen 2 and the old Kettle.
IMG_3288.JPG
IMG_3288.JPG (210.52 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Thanks Weber!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Powderdigit
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

And 24 hrs later - bang! A new colour-matched lid. Love it. Great stuff! Thanks again to the customer service team at Weber.
IMG_3293.JPG
IMG_3293.JPG (219.99 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
IMG_3294.JPG
IMG_3294.JPG (244.57 KiB) Viewed 1033 times

Powderdigit
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Oh, and because I now can... a few easy snags on the big brother.
IMG_3295.JPG
IMG_3295.JPG (228.26 KiB) Viewed 1033 times

Powderdigit
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Oh, and because I now can... a few easy snags on the big brother. IMG_3295.JPG
And I should note - this photo was early in the cook - so they look a little crud on reflection... I am getting used to heat, I did not want to burn them so used a relatively low heat setting - ended up all good - browned, juicy and tasty snags.
Powderdigit