New Weber Genesis II LX440

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Svscott

New Weber Genesis II LX440

Post by Svscott »

Hi All

After many months of trolling forums, endless websites and YouTube vids I finally dropped the coin on a gasser. Gotta tell you the choice out there and information is mind blowing. There's a lot of BS as well😜. So this morning my local Weber dealer had my gen II LX440 delivered. Both the dealer and delivery guy were great. Couldn't be more helpful. Went over everything to get me up and running. First impressions. Very happy with the quality. Compared to many other units I looked at it's far and above what was on offer for similar money. Can't comment on performance yet but will keep you up to speed.

Cheers
Scott
the dane

Re: New Weber Genesis II LX440

Post by the dane »

Looks good, built like a tank

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Wow...that is a fine specimen of a BBQ and i've always said, you get what you pay for and with Weber, you definately get what you pay for....it's probably why they are one of the biggest BBQ Manufacturers in the world if not the Biggest and theres not many companies that will deliver, set up and back up the product they sell.
I don't think you'll ever have to worry about it's performance, these BBQs rock!!
You'll have many years of great meals out of that BBQ....it's a great investment.

Can't wait to see what you cook on it :D

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Svscott

Post by Svscott »

Ok. Been cooking on my new rig for about 2 weeks now. Can honestly say I love it. I'm coming from a Bunnings special so have nothing really to compare it too but it's done everything I've asked of it to perfection. Ribs, loin of pork, steaks, burgers, fish and veges. The igrill 3 is brilliant. Used it on a boneless loin of pork last night and it really was a "set and forget" scenario. Pre heated, put it on, inserted the probe and set the iPad up on the coffee table whilst I watched the Aussies loose the Bledisloe.....again. :(
To say I'm happy with it is a complete understatement. As a forum member said,it's built like a tank so should last for years. The only thing I need to discuss with my Weber rep is the temperature gauge. It's considerably "out" if the igrill ambient probe is anything to go by. By about 25degrees. Is this not unusual for Weber gauges? I'm assuming it's not so will bring it up next time I visit the shop......otherwise happy days good people :wink:

Just as a side note the "rib rub" recipe in the Weber book (online as well) is a cracker. I don't have much experience with rubs but this made my ribs taste outstanding. Well worth going out and getting all the ingredients.
Cheers
Scott
AntinOz

Post by AntinOz »

Good to see we get to keep our cup again, do you aussies even remember what it looks like?

Happy to see things are going well with the grill.
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

G'day Scott,
glad to hear that you're happy with your new acquisition. Just wondering if you loaded your photos through photobucket, if so, the link is down at them moment so the pics can't be seen.
You'd be better off uploading them directly to the site by using the ''attacment'' tab just above where you type in the reply.
All the best,
Steve.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

It's an ongoing issue apparently Lovey, Photobucket has stopped 3rd party hosting for the free users these days untill they pay up some dollars.
When I first heard about this I went into Photobucket and downloaded all my pics so now i don't care what it does but it has made many holes in the forums and many like this one.
Yes as Lovey Said, best to upload directly to the forum, but you may have to resize some pics if it doesn't go through but it'll let you know if it's too big.

You can upload via attachments under the posting screen.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Svscott

Post by Svscott »

AntinOz wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:54 pm Good to see we get to keep our cup again, do you aussies even remember what it looks like?

Ohhhhh. That's cruel...........TRUE......but cruel. 😔
Angryman65

Post by Angryman65 »

AntinOz wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:54 pm Good to see we get to keep our cup again, do you aussies even remember what it looks like?

I know what it looks like because there's a photo in my office of me sitting between it and Bill.

I did have black hair then, no kids and a disposable income.

By the time the kids move out, my hair falls out and I go on the pension we might get it back.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Thanks for the pay Svscott.

This is my current preferred model - albeit the price causes me some nausea!

Are you still happy? Do you use the iGrill - I have always cooked on look and feel - are these heat probes good? Do you use the rotisserie?

No drama if you cannot be bothered answering questions - just thought i'd ask.

Finally - would anyone suggest a comparison gasser to the 440 LX Premium? Each time I go and look, I cannot seem to find the build quality in other models.
Powderdigit