Roasting on your Weber Q video - Questions

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
12x7

Roasting on your Weber Q video - Questions

Post by 12x7 »

Interesting video on how to roast on your Weber Q

Around the 16 second mark it is interesting how you are supposed to use a piece of foil or Q convection tray with the trivet so air properly flows around the roast and you are not supposed to use a roasting tray. Do you really need to do this and can you just put the meat on the grill?

Around the 2 minute mark another interesting point is to work out how long a roast will cook you measure how thick the meat is. For a roast 1mm thickness means 1 minute of cooking time.

I was wondering for experienced Weber Q owners have you found the above two points in the video correct?
Mainey . . .

Re: Roasting on your Weber Q video - Questions

Post by Mainey . . . »

:mrgreen:

I use the trivet and a 'Q' roasting tray, have done Lamb and beef successfully, however burnt down the weber 'Q' while doing the pork :oops:

I use a twin lead thermostat with the probes placed each end of the meat, I have had no problems with their roasting system (except Pork)
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Thanks Mainey.

A bit curious about what happened with the pork as it was one of the things I was looking to cook when I can't use the kettle.

Looking at videos like this one it looks doable. What gotchas did you find?

Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

:cry:

Have no specific answer, but can suggest the pork caught fire as had/have photos of the pork on fire with flames coming from it.
How it caught fire could be a mystery or could be explained as too hot :oops:

Have been told the 'fat holding dish' down below the flames and under the Pork actually caught fire first and then the meat caught fire from it :roll:
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P