Temp gauge on weber q

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Lewis

Temp gauge on weber q

Post by Lewis »

image.jpg
image.jpg (164.83 KiB) Viewed 8120 times
Hi first post coming up
I just added a temp gauge to my webber q 3100,I mounted the gauge on top of the lid,wasn't quiet sure if this was the correct place for it as my baby q webber has the gauge above the handle at the front
Was wondering if I'll get a correct reading with it mounted on the top of the lid,hers a photo I hope
Thanks for any feed back
12x7

Re: Temp gauge on weber q

Post by 12x7 »

There's different heat zones, eg top of the lid, near the grill etc. When you get used to the temp differences it will be fine. More important is the meat temp. A good dual probe thermometer always helps.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Thanks mate,Yep I'll have to get a good temp gauge,I have one for the meat but I didn't no you could get a dual one,how much $$ and where would I get a dual temp gauge thanks
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

Weber supply their own dual band digital temperature gauge is/was $99 when I bought mine :D

Roast meat lovers should all have a Dual Probe Remote Digital Meat Thermometer.
It doesn’t even need to be near the barbecue; you can carry it around on your belt or pocket, or you can leave it somewhere handy beside the fridge.
It beeps to let you know when your roast is cooked to your liking and has various settings you can use to have the meat cooked just as you enjoy it :P

I only use it on roasts etc, so you can get the temperature deep with-in the meat at two different places.

Check out this LINK: https://www.weberbbq.com.au/weber-acces ... mometer-3/

The 'base station' stays near the BBQ with the two probes inside the meat, and the screen section stays with you as you wander around the bar or shed as the unit is 'wireless' :)
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Thanks Marney I can see I need to invest in one of these,I just cooked up a supposed 5hr slow cooked roast lamb at 150c I checked the temp at 4.5hrs and was 80c abit higher than I prefer,but was still very nice
I found this recipe on the net but had to change it around to suit my self because I couldn't find the mint paste at Woolworths,(do they even make it, I went all over town looking for it) anyway I rubbed it in olive oil and the put a lamb herb all over it and injected the meat with rosemary paste,I sliced up potatoes and then poored a cup of chicken stock into the baking dish and sat the lamb on top,turn out unreal,then poored the chicken stock over the the meat when on the plate,no gravey,the mrs was happy and so was I,so I'd call it a victory
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (84.58 KiB) Viewed 8088 times
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Looks delicious!