12x7

Which Weber Q3200 is better?

Post by 12x7 »

Black vs normal colour?

Mainey . . .

Re: Which Weber Q3200 is better?

Post by Mainey . . . »

:mrgreen:

What color combo suits your home decor ???

I have the cream color, I will suggest that when it gets 'dirty' you can see it and clean up the offending stuff

Now I suggest, because I don't know for a fact, that with the black lid you may not see the 'dirty' stuff on the lid and it will remain, as an ant attractant :(

You must clean the lid after each use if you want it to remain clean and not become an insect attractant :)
The lid gets splatters from cooking, this dribbles down when the lid is lifted to check or remove the beautiful food cooked on the 'Q'

A black object absorbs all wavelengths of light and converts them into heat, so the object gets warm.
A white object reflects all wavelengths of light, so the light is not converted into heat and the temperature of the object does not increase noticeably.
according to my mate google

So if BOTH units have the insides of the lids the same color there may be no difference :P
Last edited by Mainey . . . on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Wondering if the black means it loses more heat than the cream?

The black costs a few dollars more but there are fewer of them around so that might be good?
Michael_Dunn

Post by Michael_Dunn »

> Black vs normal colour?

nah...

Darth Vader vs Luke Skywalker
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

I think the black one would look cleaner for longer (maybe a good or bad thing) but I come from the 60's & 70's and love 2 toned colour schemes :mrgreen:

The cream coloured lid does seem to get discoloured after a few Years of cooking but I don't beleive it makes any difference to the actual cooking or heat capabilities etc.

I guess it's just a case or it was offered as an option by Weber and Horse for courses :)

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Ended up with a Q3100.

Couldn't justify the extra for the black version, so it is the standard beige.

Anyone notice that BBQ G has virtually nothing Weber nowadays and Weber Q's are in places like David Jones and Myers?

I guess if you are making a man cave you can pop into DJs, buy a TV, fridge, lounge and Q all in one place.