Weber Genesis E330 - New model coming out? & Accessories Q's

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
miggles

Weber Genesis E330 - New model coming out? & Accessories Q's

Post by miggles »

So we have had an original Weber kettle (LOVE!) for many years and recently an electric smoker (LOVE!) Having had to recently retire our ollld el cheapo BBQ’s galore 4 burner (Meh), hubby and I have decided to get a Weber Genesis E330, thanks to all the informative posts on this forum. So now I have some questions I hope someone might want to give me their 2 cents worth on.

I had read about the older models having east-west burners, and also the new ones having the sear station. It got me wondering if Weber release any plans for upcoming new bbq’s to help people decide whether to hold off their purchases to see how the new ones compare? Eg I think I would prefer the newer north-south burners and if I had purchased a bbq not long before the new change was implemented I would probably be a bit peeved, same if I just purchased before the sear station was introduced. Contrary to that, sometimes new models aren't always better and some people might be glad they purchased the older model. So I’m wondering is there any way to know if Weber have any E330 improvements (or an E340??) they are planning on releasing in the near future? I’m sure we’ll be over the moon with the current version, I just wouldn’t want to miss out on an even better model if knowledge was out there about one coming out.

Also, I will probably be getting a bbq cover, grill brush, roast holder, and also a rotisserie attachment and would appreciate if anyone who has purchased these extras wouldn’t get them if they had the choice over again?

Nextly, and I feel a bit of a dunce having to ask this, butttt… is the sear station basically just an extra, in-between burner that well increases the temperature so you can get the delicious crust on your steaks, so making the E330 the best of a Weber and Beefeater combined?

Lastly, I believe the E330 comes with 2 grill plates, and a reversible hot plate – Has anyone wished when they made their purchase, that they had changed it to 2 hot plates and only 1 of the grill plates?

And if you are still with me at this point then I greatly appreciate you taking the time to read this far :)

Regards
Pat
12x7

Re: Weber Genesis E330 - New model coming out? & Accessories

Post by 12x7 »

If you really want to sear steaks generally gas BBQ's just don't get hot enough. They just can't get up to 700F or over for this steakhouse temps.

Grill grates http://www.grillgrate.com/ are a popular addition to help people get sear marks etc on their steaks. The top competition steaks are cooked on grill grates. People tend to buy "cheap" gassers and add grill grates.

That said the Weber Kettle can be set-up as an excellent steak cooker. After people progress from gas to charcoal kettle they tend to look at Kamado, off-set or other types of BBQs.

As for rotisserie people tend to lean towards doing it over charcoal as opposed to gas.

That said, Weber products and their service is first class. After you buy the Weber you will probably find things such as getting your meat from a good source, the rubs and spices you use will make a bigger impact than if you have the latest model. No matter what you do, there always will be a later model which will be better or worse than the one you bought.
miggles

Re: Weber Genesis E330 - New model coming out? & Accessories

Post by miggles »

12x7 Thanks for your reply. All good points I will definitely keep in mind. Having made the hardest decision (which bbq to get) I reckon the easy part now is just figuring out how to get it to give me the results I want, as you suggest, and I think that is going to be a reasonably easy process.

Thanks again :)