Buying Weber Spirit E-310 or Family Q3200

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Johno

Buying Weber Spirit E-310 or Family Q3200

Post by Johno »

I'm having trouble deciding between buying the Weber Spirit E-310 and Family Q3200. Both seem good BBQs and are in my budget. Any recommendations on which to choose.

I'm looking for a BBQ with even cooking temperatures, easy to use, good build quality and easy to clean. Cooking for 3, more at times.

Features I don't need are a rotisserie, side wok burner, cabinet storage, stainless steel and ease of movement. I don't live near the ocean. It'll be my first Weber and replacing an old 2 burner gas BBQ.

Cooking use will be lamb chops, sausages, chicken fillets, satay, fish, hamburgers, pizza, bacon and eggs, roast meat and grilled / roast vegetables. It'll be used 2 - 3 times a week, excluding winter.
Smokey

Re: Buying Weber Spirit E-310 or Family Q3200

Post by Smokey »

Hey mate, Six one Half a dozen the other. :)
Both are great BBQ's Personally I prefer traditional high hooded with a back IR burner and the ability to rotice but if all you want to do is grill then go with the cheaper option. Both do that well and both do a mean roast.
I mentioned the rear IR burner as being important to me, However I hardly ever use it to rotice cook, But I do use it as a top down grill function such as grilled Mac & Cheese or golden butter basted chili buffalo chicken wings.
Below is bottom and top down fish Mac and Cheese
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132551822 ... res/jT4BR2
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Cobblerdave

Post by Cobblerdave »

Gday
I have a rotissary for my Q200 and it's the go-to when ever I roast. Doesn't have to be a chicken,lamb beef and ham do better on the rottissary.
Regards dave
jonno

Post by jonno »

Hey Johno
Have you come to a decision yet ?, I am in a similar situation to you looking at these 2 barbys.
Haven't made my mind up yet.
Cheers
Johno

Post by Johno »

I haven't made a decision yet. The Spirit's good value with the inclusion of the hotplate and gas gauge. I was leaning to the Spirit, but have found complaints about it on productreview.com.au and Amazon. The Family Q may be a safer option. So many people rave about it. The only thing I dislike is the shelves and stand are a little flimsy.

Thanks Dave and Smokey for your responses.
jonno

Post by jonno »

Thanks for that, am leaning towards the family q myself
Restless 33

Post by Restless 33 »

I'm going through the exact same situation at the moment and can't decide which way to go.

I was thinking about the spirit bbq for increased versatility, but have read a few bad reviews online and would love to know what people think of the build quality and cooking compared to both the family q3200 and the genesis.

The genesis is out of my budget but I would wait a month and increase my budget if it was a big difference in build quality and cooking experience with the Genesis.

I would like this bbq to last me a long time so I'm happy to send a little bit more to get the right one the first time.

Any help appreciated.
Mckimms

Post by Mckimms »

I bought a Weber Family Q a bit over a year ago and I wish I was given one when I was born. IT'S BLOODY AWESOME.

takes next to no time to heat up to 180 degrees. get a hotplate section to replace one of the grill sections and you'll be laughing.

on my current setup i do - Steak, Roast (with double grills), chicken fillets, bacon, eggs, garlic mushrooms, fried tomatoes, chicken wings, burgers, lamb ribs, pizzas, pretty much everything.

The only thing i don't use it for is pasta or fried rice.

The price was a little off putting for me at first but you're really paying for not only quality equipment but quality service too. I've had family members have problems with some minor parts and the weber service team are more than happy to help out.

My father inlaw has had his weber q for about 8 years and it's still going strong.

I use our weber 2-5 times a week depending on what we have for dinner. We're 2 adults + 2 kids and it's big enough.

The stand is mainly plastic but it's still strong. The flip up sides aren't super strong but are good for a resting tray, tongs, bbq tool, marinades or a beer. I have a table in arms reach of mine that I use for heavier trays or bowls.

I'd vote them an 11/10

Where are you guys located? because here in Brisbane there is a bbq store in Stafford that holds information mornings with demonstrations from bbq chefs. They are a good thing to checkout and see the types of things you can do on different pieces of equipment.

all this talk makes me want to go fire up the weber for lunch now.
Becoming a vegetarian is a big missed steak
-Weber Family Q
-Weber Kettle
Do they sell wedding rings for BBQ's?
Johno

Post by Johno »

Thanks very much for the Weber Q recommendation Mckimms. I'm in Melbourne and will check if there are any demos here.
Tats

Post by Tats »

+1 spirit