NEWBIE > WEBER Q 2200 (GAS) BLACK - LIMITED EDITION

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
pap12

Post by pap12 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:00 pm

I'm planning to purchase WEBER Q 2200 (GAS) BLACK - LIMITED EDITION will be available in OCT 2015
I am new to gas BBQ, I went BBQ galore and they told me ziggy and brown is better BBQ then weber because its got 2 or 3 burners
I read reviews about weber thats why I am keen on weber q 2200
I am getting NEW BBQ + Weber Patio Cart + Cover + 3 piece tool + cleaning brush for $850
Anyone recommend if this is a good BBQ ?
What can or can't do with this BBQ ?
Appreciate your feedback and your guidance
Thank you in advance.

chrisg

Re: NEWBIE > WEBER Q 2200 (GAS) BLACK - LIMITED EDITION

Post by chrisg » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:34 pm

;)

You can't charcoal cook with it :)

Seriously, I have a Q 220, the predecessor, great gas bbq, between it and my long serving OTG kettle not much I can't do in bbq terms.

BBQG are getting out of selling Weber and have a strong vested interest in selling Ziggys.

I've not a thing against the Z&Bs, they look like great bbqs and review well, it is simply a case of pay your money and take your choice.

The only things that really swayed me to go Weber were the long good service of my kettles, the feedback from friends who already had Qs and the very very good non-pushy service that I encountered at the local Weber pro dealership. Since then this forum has also taught me that Weber service is legendary, didn't know that because I've never needed it, which also says something.

Simply put you won't go wrong whichever way you choose but don't get swayed by a retailer knocking a product to promote his preferred sale.

Cheers

Mixin

Post by Mixin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:45 pm

+1 for the Weber Q. Mine is the even older Q200. I'd like a Q2200 :)

I originally got it as a convenience BBQ - something for a weeknight that's quicker than charcoal. I find myself using it more & more - far more than I ever imagined I would. It's just a great BBQ. The newer ones with the 2 piece grill, high lid & thermometer would be even better, but I can't justify the spend when the old Q200 is going so strong.
Weber Kettle Fanatic....
Main go-to: Blue 57cm OTG
Fire restriction option: Black 57cm M/T butchered with a Weber gas conversion.
GMG DC for the lazy smoky cooks.
Weeknight special: Q200
Problem? What problem?

ozwaz

Post by ozwaz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Hi Pap,

Unless Weber have fixed the lack of heat issues with the mid size Weber I would seriously consider the Z&B. I have a twin burner Ziggy (same size as the mid size Weber) and I also have a Weber Family Q, so I don't have any brand bias.

The twin burner in the Ziggy gives you a lot of flexibility you won't have with the Weber. Example, fire up one burner, get some colour on a split chicken, then move over to the off side and finish the cook with indirect cooking. Succulent oven cooked chicken that still has bbq charring.

Build quality wise, I honestly can't split them. Have had nothing go wrong with either so I can't comment on service. The Ziggy also has to grunt to cook with the lid open if you want, but you can also turn it down and cook lid closed. If Weber have in fact fixed the lack of heat issue (good luck cooking a rare steak), then the choice is a little harder. I would still probably go for the ziggy due to the flexibility of having two separate burners. My Weber family Q being the next size up has two burners so is more flexible. I am personally perfectly happy with both of these BBQ's, and my Family Q is actually a natural gas one so getting 'expensive' gas is a thing of the past for me. The Twin Burner has now become our camping bbq (and was too small for a family of 7, hence the reason I got a bigger BBQ).

Good luck, and make sure you post up some pics with whichever bbq you get (food not the actual bbq).

Wazza
Traeger Pellet Grill - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner

Mark2011

Post by Mark2011 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Weber all the way.
If you cook how they want you to cook, I own a weber myself.
I sell them, aftersales wise they are faultless.
If you are tossing up between them, even add the beefeater bugg. Similar build to the ziggy, may even come out of the same factory as them.

And the new black ones are very smick looking.

Nath

Post by Nath » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:35 pm

The Q2200 definitely heat better that the old Q220 model. Not sure what they did, but they seem to reach high temp quite well now. I noticed this last year doing weber demos

Nath
Nath

White Tiger

Post by White Tiger » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:46 am

Hello,

Thought I would add my 2 cents.

I have the Ziggy twin burner. I was actually going to get the Weber (older version) but the Ziggy was given to me as a house warming present. It was the girlfriend's parents who are easily swayed by a fast talking sales rep.

The BBQ itself is good and has been able to do everything that I want it to do. As mentioned above I like that it has two burners and I regular cook indirectly after searing over the heat. The only complaint I have is that there is a big temperature difference across the grill. I find that I need to manage the meat a lot to stop uneven cooking.

I haven't cooked on the Weber which I am sure has its own quirks. Given the choice I probably would have stuck with the Weber but I am happy with the Ziggy.

dionysus32

Post by dionysus32 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:44 pm

Can't speak for the ziggy but my dog chewed the gas hose and ignition wires when she was a pup and weber sent me new items no questions asked for free.

This gives you an idea on the after sales service you get.

Gumb

Post by Gumb » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:44 pm

I've got a Weber 220 and there is a slight issue with it taking a while to heat up BUT it's a bloody great BBQ and searing steaks and roasting are easy. My son has the later 2200 and according to Weber, there's larger gaps between rails on the grill (and probably one less rail overall but i haven't counted) and it does heat faster. I like the Weber because it's so easy to control. It does pizzas too so there isn't much you can't cook in it. If you are cooking for more than 2, I'd seriously consider the Family Q.

I also wanted a good portable gas BBQ for the caravan so i checked out the baby Q and the Ziggy portable. I ended up with the Ziggy because of the extras like the cool trivet set up and the carry bag. I noticed that compared to the Weber, the holes in the gas burner are much larger so it will heat quicker but also use more gas I suppose. It isn't easy to turn down either. The twin burner version you are looking at should solve that however. Quality wise, they are line ball. The only real downside to a Ziggy is that you have to buy one from BBQs Galore ! The guy there started telling me how much better the Ziggy was until he worked out I knew more than he did. :D

steinyboys

Post by steinyboys » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:53 pm

I hate BBQ Galore and its sales people, when I go into a store I want to take everything in by myself with out some annoying person following me around :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Weber Kettle 57cm, Weber Smokey Joe, Hark Gas smoker,ProQ Excel Elite 20

Gumb

Post by Gumb » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:28 pm

steinyboys wrote:I hate BBQ Galore and its sales people, when I go into a store I want to take everything in by myself with out some annoying person following me around :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Where I've been, no annoying sales people, you are lucky to get served. :roll:

Strider

Post by Strider » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:16 pm

That is very expensive for that model. You could get a Family Q for considerably less than that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DARTHSMOKER

Post by DARTHSMOKER » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:27 am

Love my webers ...when I'm doing +200c temps in the q220 I've noticed heating issues, just seems to take as long o get to 220c then it did to get to 200c. But the overall capabilities outweigh that in my opinion. Plus as previously mentioned, their after sales service makes ALOT of other companies look like a joke.
Hope you get the Weber, you'll never look back. :D
I find your lack of smoke disturbing.

GMG Jim Bowie, Blue Weber OTG & Weber Spirit E320

Fastgun

Post by Fastgun » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:40 am

Family Q (3200) with the high lid and temperature gauge FTW. Xmas is coming so you will pick one up for around $699 with a few freebies thrown in, just shop around at any Weber Master dealer. It's a bigger BBQ but you can remove the 4 bolts on the stand and take it with you. Fits nicely in a bit it of a hatchback (Golf).

Two Burners, you can cook for 18 people, amazing for steaks as well as roasting lamb legs or chicken. You can't go wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark2011

Post by Mark2011 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Fastgun wrote:Family Q (3200) with the high lid and temperature gauge FTW. Xmas is coming so you will pick one up for around $699 with a few freebies thrown in, just shop around at any Weber Master dealer. It's a bigger BBQ but you can remove the 4 bolts on the stand and take it with you. Fits nicely in a bit it of a hatchback (Golf).

Two Burners, you can cook for 18 people, amazing for steaks as well as roasting lamb legs or chicken. You can't go wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure where your getting your $699 for a family q, but they retail for $799 now or $809 in the black.