Grand Fire BBQ

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Jkspinner

Re: Grand Fire BBQ

Post by Jkspinner »

I needed a BBQ with a big grill and also a big plate, a large plate almost solely for breakfast, as I was building an outdoor kitchen, the option of two separate BBQ's was really not an option in the limited space I had.
The IR burners in the states look a little different to the BBQ Galour Turbo ones, but I really do not know how they differ, I don't think the uS ones are covered?
BbqBob

Post by BbqBob »

Commander Cody wrote:here ya go.

http://www.grandfirebbqs.com.au/

http://www.grandfirebbqs.com.au/collect ... in-series/

but i bet you have these links already 'ey.....if there are no reviews..... maybe go for the smeg ,
users of that brand seem very happy with them.

here is a link to the other 2 brands sort of reviewed in one artical

http://www.applianceretailer.com.au/201 ... XoC8_mqqko

and you are right ya know......i can not find any reviews for grand fire either.

kevin
Hi guys,

Just wanted to add my thumbs up for the Grand Fire bbq.

I spent a long time researching bbqs and like others couldn't find much information on the Grand Fire.

I purchased the in built 38" and I love it! Like others have said it is a hot bbq but once you get used to that it's great.

Like others have also said the ignition system and lights are a great feature.

I also just love how solid it is, plate and grills are nice and heavy. It cooks a beautiful steak!

I've also done a 2kg lamb shoulder rotisserie using the rear burner that turned out awesome!

I would have no hesitation in recommending the Grand Fire to anyone!

Hope this review helps build up a bit more information on the Grand Fire brand.
csal

Post by csal »

Jkspinner wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:40 am I have the 42" Grandfire, have owned it for about 15 months, moved from a Weber Summit.. it is definetily a copy of the Lynx, just half the price. It is a very hot BBQ, took me a while to get use to it, especially coming from a low heat webber. I love this BBQ, and the ceremic heat tamers are great. I know the weber lovers will dissagree, but the Grandfire cooks a better steak than the weber, i think its because of the extra heat and the ceramic beads, they provide more flavour than the triangle shapped steel tamers that other brands use. You do get more flare ups, but after I got use to that, I now like it. The lights and the ignition sysrem are fantastic, and the rotisery, a feature I thought I would never use is great. I am not sure what it is about an infared burner, but it adds a great flavour. Many American BBQs now include an infared burner for searing steaks, and my American friends would not cook a steak on anything else. I dont think infared burners under a grill pass Australian gas rules.
I bought this BBQ as it is the only BBQ that will warrant the use of two plates, although I am not keen on the wonky plate that comes with it, i bought a nice flat plate as well.
Happy to answer any questions
Not sure if you are still on the site but 3 years later how do you find the Grandfire bbq.

If anyone else has a Grandfire bbq - I am looking at getting the Grandfire deluxe 42 on cart with natural gas -can they let me know how they have found it as a bbq. Can the sear station get low enough to be useful to cook on other than searing steaks or do you lose bbq real estate with the sear station

Any reviews would be welcomed.
Angryman65

Post by Angryman65 »

csal,

click on the members name and you'll see when they were last active. In this case a bit over 2 years ago
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.