utzy

Australian BBQ Market size info

Post by utzy »

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find some info about the Australian BBQ Market:
* size
* annual units sold annual
* top 10 manufactures
I am trying to conduct a market research in order to launch a new type of BBQ , but it almost seems impossible to find any info.
any help would be appreciated.
regards,
John
urbangriller

Re: Australian BBQ Market size info

Post by urbangriller »

That'd be because nobody collects that kind of info.

Top ten manufacturers? we'd be lucky to have maybe four manufacturers.
Top ten distributors? you'd be better counting on one hand not two.

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Mixin

Post by Mixin »

Ahhh, don't you love it....entrepreneurial dreams....Working for a global company, I hear this all the time.....Mainly from American colleagues who have never set foot on our soil, or Chinese who have a massive "expansion plan" - they all think Australia is this great promised land of massive potential, ready to suck up a glut of new (or dumped) products. They think we can instantly pull magical data out of our behinds so they can come up with a plan to win that promotion.....

With our HQ in Ohio I take great delight in telling American colleagues who hold this view that our entire population is around double the number of people who live in the entire state of Ohio.

One of the funniest moments was standing near the wall map of Oz, with 2 US visitors, who were pointing to areas on the map. One pointed to the dead centre of the map & asked how many sales people we had there. When I told him none, he was flabbergasted. He then pointed to Alice Springs (noted on the map) and asked why we didn't have an office there. I had to politely tell him it's population would be around 20-30K....he couldn't believe it.
Weber Kettle Fanatic....
Main go-to: Blue 57cm OTG
Fire restriction option: Black 57cm M/T butchered with a Weber gas conversion.
GMG DC for the lazy smoky cooks.
Weeknight special: Q200
Problem? What problem?
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Ha! And the distance between capital cities.....even country towns!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
utzy

Post by utzy »

It appears that a study has been made by Bis Shrapnel - but unfortunately it costs $14 000 :(
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

:P :P :P :P :P

I confess, tired of this decades ago - I once had to explain to a rather hot software sales person that her methods probably would not be effective in Australia - her last territory had been Wall Street, only a piece of it - more potential customers in her piece of the street than in all of this country.

I get closest by explaining that the Australian population is somewhat less than that in the BosWash corridor and there are more customers in that corridor who might be able to buy...

Cheers