Weber Family Q320NG Not lighting as quickly

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Jamesjfa

Weber Family Q320NG Not lighting as quickly

Post by Jamesjfa »

Hello

After some advice. My FamilyQ has seen a lot of action since we bought it a few months ago. I love it. Everything tastes great from it.

However.... it is now taking it's time to light. Initially, it would light instantly but since coming back from holiday we have noticed it can take up to 40 seconds to light and with the gas coming through this isn't ideal. Has anyone else saw this?

I have replaced the battery and re-seated the connectors but it appears to make no difference. On another note, how are you all cleaning the inside of the lids? Is the Weber cleaner worth the money? Mine is now in need of a good clean.

Thanks,
James
the dane

Re: Weber Family Q320NG Not lighting as quickly

Post by the dane »

the weber Q cleaning spray is good! But a waste of time on the inside! I use a safety pin, and put in every hole to clean out the gunk that blocks the gas from coming out of the burners

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2
Hogsy

Post by Hogsy »

I've had my Q320 for a couple of years and it lights first go
The only thing I would recommend and you probably already do this . Is to turn the knob to high and wait til you can hear the gas coming out of the tube before you hit the igniter
When I first got my Q I use to turn the knob and push the button and I would get frustrated that it wouldn't start first go
Then I realized it may take 10 seconds for the gas to come through
In doing this the Q starts first go
As far as cleaning I use Bam 5min oven cleaner, its cheap and effective
Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
Jamesjfa

Post by Jamesjfa »

thanks for this.

I will try the oven cleaner for the hood.

I called Weber and they are sending out a replacement ignition unit. Failing that, they are sending out a tech. Now that's customer service.

cheers,
James
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Is there a secret to fixing the lighter itself? Battery is fine but no more spark.
Jamesjfa

Post by Jamesjfa »

Card Shark wrote:Is there a secret to fixing the lighter itself? Battery is fine but no more spark.
not too sure but I called Weber yesterday and a new ignition kit arrived today. Will fit it tomorrow and report back.

Cheers,
James
Jamesjfa

Post by Jamesjfa »

Problem resolved with the replacement parts sent by Weber...... Now that's customer service.
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Glad it's been sorted for you Jamesjfa. Which ignition part failed so quickly? Barely used mine too.
Jamesjfa

Post by Jamesjfa »

Card Shark wrote:Glad it's been sorted for you Jamesjfa. Which ignition part failed so quickly? Barely used mine too.
I'm not sure what part failed as I replaced the whole unit that they sent. Give them a ring they will no doubt send one out to you :-)