2 burner flat plate portable bbq

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
hjl

2 burner flat plate portable bbq

Post by hjl »

Hi Everyone
I am looking at buying a 2 burner flat plate bbq. Want it to fold to be portable. The reviews on the Downunder model seem better than the reviews of the Delta model. Any thoughts on another brand?
Cheers
hjl
titch

Re: 2 burner flat plate portable bbq

Post by titch »

Not sure its helpful but, anything Jumbuck has been trouble in my experience.
Shame we can't get Blackstone down here
Cheers
Titch
hjl

Post by hjl »

Hi Titch
I have been lucky with my Jumbuck 6 burner flat plate bbq. Still working after 7 years. But the delta doesn't get hot enough from reviews. So looking at other options.

Cheers
hjl
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Hji,

Not sure if it's any use for you but Weber have recently bought out the Traveller grill which runs the same bbq tubing as the Q2200 but the traveller has a very shallow lid, designed more to grill than any roast type of cooking and it's built on a trolley that folds down and can be pulled along like a shopping trolley or travelling suitcase.
https://www.weber.com/AU/en/register-pr ... 10024.html

Whilst it's not a hotplate, but it's possible to use a hotplate from weber Q models or teflon BBQ sheeting

Like the Weber Q series, they are not designed to have the whole grate covered but I've heard they grill nicely and have heard people selling their Weber Q and buying the Traveller instead.

I have also seen a Gasmate portable cooker with a hotplate recently at Bunnings...Gasmate are a good brand.
https://www.snowys.com.au/voyager-porta ... t=Products

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
hjl

Post by hjl »

What are people"s thoughts on the Heatlie bbq's? Dear but look well made.
Cheers
hjl
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

hjl wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:28 pm What are people"s thoughts on the Heatlie bbq's? Dear but look well made.
Cheers
hjl
Heatlie are a good brand hjl, they are high quality Stainless steel and it's probably why they are seen to be expensive.

https://www.heatlie.com.au/

As you can see they are more at the commercial end of the BBQ spectrum and it appears that none of their models are designed for folding and portability in mind. I think they may have had a marine type BBQ once but that doesn't seem to be made anymore.
It does say on their website that you can customise your BBQ so maybe it's worth a call to see if they can make it portable or somehow foldable. I don't know how heavy they are but I would hazzard a guess that they'd be too heavy for portablity anyway except for wheeling it from one part of your yard to the other.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5