Slight Problem with the DC

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
damianpyro

Post by damianpyro »

Cooked some wings (again) as my relatives are dropping by all the time and asking for them.

The wings burnt on the back side of the grill and were raw at the front of the grill.

A bit odd I thought, so I pulled apart the Davey Crockett.

The pop rivets holding the V shaped diffuser underneath the stainless box that goes over the fire pit had melted away.

They are clearly aluminium and not stainless thus allowing the diffuser to drop onto the fire pit and direct all the heat up the back.

Have bought some stainless pop rivets from Bunnings and going to try some pork ribs as a test.

Bloody Chinese and their short cuts ! Only lasted one bag of pellerts.
Jars

Re: Slight Problem with the DC

Post by Jars »

Hopefully it'll be an easy fix for ya mate
Yoder YS480 || Weber OTS Premium || Weber Go Anywhere || Weber Jumbo Joe || Keg Spit || 'Golden Moth' UDS
Nath

Post by Nath »

I know the little bit your talking about I think. Not sure how that would make all the heat just go to the back though? Isn't the main diffuser still in place?

Nath
Nath
Buzabbq

Post by Buzabbq »

"Have bought some stainless pop rivets from Bunnings and going to try some pork ribs as a test."

I think using pop rivets to hold the pork ribs in place is a good idea as long as you remove them after cooking. :P
damianpyro

Post by damianpyro »

Worked fine, pork ribs unharmed by pop rivets.