1st cook on my GMG Booney

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
pepe

Post by pepe »

Thanks to Chris at UG for all his help yesterday, loading the Booney into the back of the wagon, taking phone calls from me re: setups etc.

So, got home to Dunsborough about 4:30pm yesterday and immediately unpacked the unit, home alone but I was determined to burn it in. Got the leflets out of the hopper then flipped her over to install the legs, I did this lying on its side. Then cut away the cardboard box and removed the Styrofoam. Carefully righted it upright and was ready for the business.

Did a burn in for about 30-40 mins at 400 F, then cooled her off and did a wifi upgrade from the mobile to the house wifi, piece of piss.

Was getting late and I was playing with the profile settings, so I threw on a cheese kransky, it didn't explode so I win.

Today I got some pork fillets, was wanting thick tenderloins but not to be. I made a profile and let her run

175 c for 10 mins

135 c until the internal meat reached 57 c

tent foil for 10 - 15 mins

Seriously succulent pork
Bentley

Re: 1st cook on my GMG Booney

Post by Bentley »

Welcome to the DarkSide!
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Buzabbq

Post by Buzabbq »

Hazar :D
pepe

Post by pepe »

Bentley wrote:Welcome to the DarkSide!
Cheers Bentley, not that I quite understand that phrase but I am going to get so much use from the GMG, bloody great piece of equipment.
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Fantastic Pepe!

And that simple profile shows the real strength of the GMG, stress free cooking done to your exact specification, the profiles have changed my life, by allowing me to cook with all the care and attention I want without having to watch it every step of the way! I'm cooking tonight's roast lamb on my DC right now.....set it up this morning at 6am then came to BBQ School, when I go home, it'll be sitting there cooked and keeping warm....might even stop at the pub for a couple of beers on the way! :D

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Buzabbq

Post by Buzabbq »

buzzawak wrote:Hazar :D
Hazar
Interjection transmitting exclamation, glee, joy. i.e. Hurrah! Woo! Yey!

Works effectivly when using a british accent HAZAR! No homework today! :D
wedwards

Post by wedwards »

pepe wrote:I threw on a cheese kransky, it didn't explode so I win.
That right there is gold!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ozwaz

Post by ozwaz »

Welcome aboard the pellet train Pepe - but you're in trouble now, it gets pretty addictive. :D

Wazza
Traeger Pellet Grill - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Its just a welcome to Pellets...and just me being a Nerd...

pepe wrote:
Bentley wrote:Welcome to the DarkSide!
Cheers Bentley, not that I quite understand that phrase but I am going to get so much use from the GMG, bloody great piece of equipment.

"Pellet burners began in the time when Evil Stick Burners ruled BBQ history, when the Traegers made themselves into kings…and gods…using the powers of the DarkSide of the Force. The Technologically minded have ever been ready to obey one who wields great power. Those who learned the powers of the DarkSide were quick to exploit this technology—to make War on Evil Stick Burners. Again and again the DarkSide has surged forth, like a storm…devouring whole backyards and entire BBQ Competitions. Those who mastered The Dark power became The Dark power. They unleashed destruction, for no other reason to anger the Evil Stick Burners. They despoiled Eggheads…destroyed whole groups of WSM civilizations, and crushed the Elitist charcoal burners. Some of them, I am ashamed to say, have returned to the Evil Stick burner."

Dark Lord of the Pellet

Hope that starts to explain the DarkSide, if not you must take more time, and learn the ways.
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

ozwaz

Post by ozwaz »

Bentley wrote:
"Pellet burners began in the time when Evil Stick Burners ruled BBQ history, when the Traegers made themselves into kings…and gods…using the powers of the DarkSide of the Force. The Technologically minded have ever been ready to obey one who wields great power. Those who learned the powers of the DarkSide were quick to exploit this technology—to make War on Evil Stick Burners. Again and again the DarkSide has surged forth, like a storm…devouring whole backyards and entire BBQ Competitions. Those who mastered The Dark power became The Dark power. They unleashed destruction, for no other reason to anger the Evil Stick Burners. They despoiled Eggheads…destroyed whole groups of WSM civilizations, and crushed the Elitist charcoal burners. Some of them, I am ashamed to say, have returned to the Evil Stick burner."

Dark Lord of the Pellet

Hope that starts to explain the DarkSide, if not you must take more time, and learn the ways.

Yeah, what he said..... I think???? :lol:
Traeger Pellet Grill - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner
pepe

Post by pepe »

ozwaz wrote:Welcome aboard the pellet train Pepe - but you're in trouble now, it gets pretty addictive. :D

Wazza
Sure is mate, I'm already planning the weekends cook. Like Chris said the profiles make it so easy you cant help but become addicted. :mrgreen:
Lach72

Post by Lach72 »

pepe wrote:
ozwaz wrote:Welcome aboard the pellet train Pepe - but you're in trouble now, it gets pretty addictive. :D

Wazza
Sure is mate, I'm already planning the weekends cook. Like Chris said the profiles make it so easy you cant help but become addicted. :mrgreen:
Gives you the ability to avert any crisis.