Where to buy pellet fuel in Australia

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
edgy

Re: Where to buy pellet fuel in Australia

Post by edgy »

Haver added bbq spit rotisseries now as a supplier!

Got to say, thanks to all who have helped contribute, I'm impressed! 8)

ozlegacy wrote:
edgy wrote: Has anyone tried out the Cookshack pellets? ^^ what are they like for flavour/burn time etc.
Good point maybe I should try a single bag before investing in half a pallet :D

I'd be keen to try out a bag too!
Yoder Smokers - Competition BBQ team

Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member! "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
ozlegacy

Post by ozlegacy »

I finally got around to buying some cookshack pellets this week so will be giving them and run and will report back
beaver

Post by beaver »

Seaford
BBQ Spit Rotisseries
2/59 Brunel Rd, Seaford
Ph 1300 002 771
Email: sales@bbqspitrotisseries.com.au
http://www.bbqspitrotisseries.com.au

Brand stocked: Traeger, Hark, BBQers delight & Green Mountain

you sure they stock all of them
i can only see hark and traeger
Jester

Post by Jester »

Misty Gully are selling pellet fuel now, a local brand and Cameron's Products Premium Pellets from the USA.

Interesting range of flavours - I'll try a hickory comparison this weekend.

Eureka Smoke - Melbourne BBQ Festival 2015 Grand Champion, 2nd - Port Macquarie March 2014
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
ozlegacy

Post by ozlegacy »

Cookshack pellets seem to be fine time to buy a pallet!

Just picked this up today about half a tonnes worth

Grill Pro Australia

Post by Grill Pro Australia »

Kurt,
BBQr's Delight Pellets are now available in Tasmaina from:

Klimt Donohoe

Mob: 0450 923 458

Klimt.Donohoe@hydro.com.au

Cheers, Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Importing Yoder Smokers, BBQr's Delight Pellets, Hammer Stahl Knives and American Rubs & Sauces into Australia
https://www.yodersmokers.net.au/
https://bbqrsdelight.net.au//
Instagram: @GRILL_PRO
edgy

Post by edgy »

Done and added. Let me know if/when anymore details for Tas.

Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member! "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
edgy

Post by edgy »

Hi, It seems I can no longer edit my original post?

Need to add this one, can a mod please do it seeing how I cant.

BBQ's and more
10 Webber Dr, Browns Plains QLD 4118

Ph: (07) 3809 2955
W: http://www.barbequesandmore.com.au

Brand stocked: Green Mountain

Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

Done :)
iEatHands

Price Watch

Post by iEatHands »

Hey guys I just picked up a nice shiny new Daniel Boone on the weekend and have pretty much worked my way through the free bag of GMG pellets they threw in and I've got a huge weekend planned soon so I'll need to stock up.

Is there a thread here tracking the prices of Pellets and good deals people have found? I was told the GMG Pellets are $40 from the store I got the grill from and have seen others post ranges of $33 to $45 for the same thing.

I'm just after some good bang for buck deals and don't want to buy a bag at a time and don't want to buy at $45 if someone is selling for $33 if you know what I mean :shock:

A Price watch section would be pretty useful if people chimed in with what the paid and where and we can all benefit from the best deals, I can't find Pellets advertised on any of the NSW BBQ Online Stores so it is difficult to understand who is charging what.
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

$39.99 is the price of a bag of GMG pellets now.

But when you compare their 12.7kg to everyone else's 9kg bag, it works out at $28.33 for 9kg.

There will also be a delivery cost

Cheers
Chris
Last edited by urbangriller on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
edgy

Post by edgy »

The GMG bags are bigger ^^ 12.7 kg versus everything else been imported and sold in 9 kilo bags.

the best deal to be had is full pallet load of cookshack hickory, second is buy 10+ bags of bbqers delight.. The GMG pellets are the cheapest (per kg) if you are only buying a bag.

where are you located

iEatHands

Post by iEatHands »

Thanks UG the bigger GMG bags are not a bad deal.
edgy wrote:The GMG bags are bigger ^^ 12.7 kg versus everything else been imported and sold in 9 kilo bags.

the best deal to be had is full pallet load of cookshack hickory, second is buy 10+ bags of bbqers delight.. The GMG pellets are the cheapest (per kg) if you are only buying a bag.

where are you located
I'm in Sydney, luckily there looks to be a decent number of suppliers so there should be a pretty good range and prices right, just hard to tell as without ringing around not everyone posts the prices.

BTW GMG pellets are $40 at BBQ Aroma :wink: They might sell others but I didn't ask.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Normaly if a good price comes up it gets posted. Just a case of finger on the pulse I guess.
If pellet grills take off in mainstream it will get better with pricing.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
edgy

Post by edgy »

iEatHands wrote:Thanks UG the bigger GMG bags are not a bad deal.
edgy wrote:The GMG bags are bigger ^^ 12.7 kg versus everything else been imported and sold in 9 kilo bags.

where are you located
I'm in Sydney, luckily there looks to be a decent number of suppliers so there should be a pretty good range and prices right, just hard to tell as without ringing around not everyone posts the prices.

BTW GMG pellets are $40 at BBQ Aroma :wink: They might sell others but I didn't ask.
Sydney, cool.

Well, if you can commit to a pallet (45 bags) the cookshack Hickory pellets are able to be had for $17.30 + GST per bag... by far and away the cheapest option.

Last time I've bought the BBQers delight in lots of 10 (which is how I always buy them) your looking at $24 +GST per bag.. that is from Nicholson & Saville.

I'm afraid I am unaware of any other places that do volume deals in sydney.

I have been through a few bags of the GMG's, as there is a few BBQ factories about so its real handy when you realise you've run out on a friday evening! :lol: